Really great

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

terrific people to work with - smart and hardworking.
great work environment,
terrific training

Cons

Heavy work loads, but not all that different from other companies

work more on work life balance and flexibility

Other Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Trust the numbers

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay is great. No one can touch that in this area.

Cons

You will be worked like a dog and anyone who objects is labeled negative. The best advice I got was"Progressive says they want your opinion and feedback, they really don't. Just nod, tell them every idea they come up with is great." She was right! Five years later, that woman is still working there, getting promoted while her peers who spoke up are gone. I tried speaking up a couple times, not worth the label of being negative. As an example of my newly restored belief in just doing what I'm told, we had a powerpoint about a new program. One of the pages (after a quick technical explanation) said "Trust the numbers...the numbers are correct" People laughed, but after six years, I said, yep, I trust the numbers. Because, really, who and I to tell management how to run the company in the ground. They need no help!

Your million dollar bonuses while they rest of us took pay and benefit cuts was a low blow. Peter B Lewis used to say that his employees were Progressive's largest asset. Please treat us with respect , listen to our "Friendly Feedback" and I may actually start caring about Progressive's well-being again. I keep waiting for the day we our told our jobs have been outsourced to Canada or what not. Stop being cheap greedy bastards.

Great company, not much room for advancement beyond manager in Austin

Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Austin, TX

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Very safe environment, open door, good HR, internal promotions.

Cons

HQ is in Cleveland, so there just isn't that much to do in Austin beyond the supervisor/manager level.

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance.

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!