There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

Good place to work, but they work you hard.

Current Employee - Claims Generalist Intermediate in Chandler, AZ
Current Employee - Claims Generalist Intermediate in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Progressive seems like a great company so far (just 1 year of service). I really like the people I work with and I have been promoted fairly quickly (which I hear is abnormal).

Cons

The workload is heavy and you are salary. When we are fully staffed, it can be pretty fun, but unfortunately it seems someone is always getting promoted, switching roles, etc, and then it can be a ton of work.

Overall I feel management is pretty in touch with what we are going through. My only advice is to hire just a couple more claims adjusters and we would never have a crushing workload again.

reviews filtered by
  1. Really great

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

terrific people to work with - smart and hardworking.
    great work environment,
    terrific training

Cons

Heavy work loads, but not all that different from other companies

work more on work life balance and flexibility

Trust the numbers

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is great. No one can touch that in this area.

Cons

You will be worked like a dog and anyone who objects is labeled negative. The best advice I got was"Progressive says they want your opinion and feedback, they really don't. Just nod, tell them every idea they come up with is great." She was right! Five years later, that woman is still working there, getting promoted while her peers who spoke up are gone. I tried speaking up a couple times, not worth the label of being negative. As an example of my newly restored belief in just doing what I'm told, we had a powerpoint about a new program. One of the pages (after a quick technical explanation) said "Trust the numbers...the numbers are correct" People laughed, but after six years, I said, yep, I trust the numbers. Because, really, who and I to tell management how to run the company in the ground. They need no help!

Your million dollar bonuses while they rest of us took pay and benefit cuts was a low blow. Peter B Lewis used to say that his employees were Progressive's largest asset. Please treat us with respect , listen to our "Friendly Feedback" and I may actually start caring about Progressive's well-being again. I keep waiting for the day we our told our jobs have been outsourced to Canada or what not. Stop being cheap greedy bastards.

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance