There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

Good place to start out.

Former Employee - Claims Generalist in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Claims Generalist in Seattle, WA

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good starting pay right now of college with benefits, gain sharing and time off. - An excellent training program, one of the best I've experienced. - I thoroughly enjoyed my co-workers, direct supervisor and branch manager. - If you have the right type of personality and mind-set for this type of work you could be extremely successful and potentially move up quickly. But it certainly isn't for everyone.

Cons

- I felt like they took advantage of people being salaried, definitely not only a 40 hour a week job. - The branch I was in was very, very understaffed causing those that were still there to have the work of two people. - The job itself can be very stressful, speaking with people who are already very stressed an often time hurt after an accident.

Advice to Management

Please understand that people who are very tenured may be able to work upwards of 10-15 new claims a day, but people who have been there a year or less will struggle with it and that is something to be understood, not punished for.

Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Insurance

1. Must like challenging situations and dealing with people

Former Employee - Claims Generalist in Plymouth, MI
    Former Employee - Claims Generalist in Plymouth, MI

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great co-workers, benefits. received a lot of rewards

Cons

Metrics driven, opportunity to move up limited if you are not willing to move. Management didn't have the ability or willingness to help outside the claims arenea

Advice to Management

Need more diversity in Management, Keep metrics in perspective

2. Depends on your future goals

Current Employee - Claims Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Claims Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to work for long term Great perks like on-site doctors office, gym, cafeteria Company always tries to keep employees engaged in advertising campaigns Gainsharing is a plus!

Cons

No room for growth unless you work in the corporate office in Ohio. Company used to do a lot of training and job advancement, but now are making employees do more roles for the same pay. Not the Progressive it used to be. Upper management is always pushing diversity but there is little to NO diversity in upper management.