There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

Good place to start out.

Former Employee - Claims Generalist  in  Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Claims Generalist in Seattle, WA

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Good starting pay right now of college with benefits, gain sharing and time off.
- An excellent training program, one of the best I've experienced.
- I thoroughly enjoyed my co-workers, direct supervisor and branch manager.
- If you have the right type of personality and mind-set for this type of work you could be extremely successful and potentially move up quickly. But it certainly isn't for everyone.

Cons

- I felt like they took advantage of people being salaried, definitely not only a 40 hour a week job.
- The branch I was in was very, very understaffed causing those that were still there to have the work of two people.
- The job itself can be very stressful, speaking with people who are already very stressed an often time hurt after an accident.

Please understand that people who are very tenured may be able to work upwards of 10-15 new claims a day, but people who have been there a year or less will struggle with it and that is something to be understood, not punished for.

659 Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Insurance (View Most Recent)

SWEATSHOP- All the Managers had Geico ....

Current Employee - Senior Auto Damage Appraiser  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Auto Damage Appraiser in Miami, FL

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Job security, training. nice front line employees

Cons

Clique type environment, if you like being micromanaged, and prefer being promoted based on which team lead, & managers butt you kiss, ("bring an apple for"..."hang out with after work" ? Then this is the job for you.
     Find "no win" situations challenging and rewarding?Then work in claims for Progressive writing auto damage estimates.

NONE

"Progressive" is "Unprogressive"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great, hard working, and caring co-workers
    Business Casual
    Flexibity to manage schedule
    Job Stability
    This is a good company to learn the Insurance business

Cons

Progressive lacks innovation and career growth. This is not the same company I started working for five years ago, the constent changes are not for the better. The company used to be very customer and employee centric, now it's all the bottom line. Lack of proper training for new employee's and micromanagement of the tenured employee's will hurt the company in the long run. CEO and Senior Management are completely "out of touch", encourage bureaucracy, and do not value it's employee's, morale is low and employee's are "burned out" as a result. The software and processing systems are out of date, which makes my job very difficult. This company is a "dead end" job, not a place to have a career and retire.

The companies focus on "being number one" is running the company into the ground. Focus needs to be on what makes us unique and the customers will come and stay. Customers and employee's alike are seeing through all the "smokin' mirrors" and are leaving the company in droves, it's not to late to change that, however, it's too late to save a tenured license rep like me from jumping off this sinking ship. Take care of the employee's that take care of you and the money your saving from Web based training is costing the company more money due to the lack of understanding from the new employee's that are making huge mistakes, there is no need to hire thousands of new people if you promote qualified employee's from within and have tenured people work in departments and jobs that they love to do. Asking for feedback and not changing anything is just as bad as not asking for feedback at all. Lastly, CEO Glenn Renwick should go on "Undercover Boss" and get a reality check!

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!