There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

Job freedom but micromanaged at the same time.

Current Employee - Managed Repair Representative  in  Rockford, IL
Current Employee - Managed Repair Representative in Rockford, IL

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have an assigned territory to cover where I write estimates and get agreements with shops. Whenever I am caught up, I am done for the day, I can expect to work a full day some times but often I am off early while still getting paid (salaried). I work with friendly co-workers and the culture is overall positive. My managers are very flexible when time of is needed and are willing to cover my area if there is no other choice. I don't think I have ever been told I can't take a day off.

Cons

Many of my aspects of my job require collaboration with management to be able to write for certain things on an estimate, this lack of freedom to make decisions on my own overall hinders some of my ability to grow within my position. In my particular area, there is no room to move up without relocation. However in other areas this is not the case. My pay is lower then people who have similar positions with other companies.

Instead of a blanket set of rules for collaboration, why not base who has to collaborate on audit reviews? Would allow your good employees to show how well they can work on their own while still keeping an eye on the ones that need it.

656 Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Insurance (View Most Recent)

Great Company to Work For

Current Employee - Claims Generalist Intermediate  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Claims Generalist Intermediate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work environment, and people. The job is also challenging and keeps you sharp.

Cons

Work/Life balance is challenging at times. Benefits could always be better.

It's a job, not a career move

Former Employee - CSS Assistant  in  Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Former Employee - CSS Assistant in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Gainshare, casual dress, tuition reimbursement, summer event at progressive field, oppurtunity to enter employee sponsored contests, art contributions, sometimes provides free swag related to promotions

Cons

Nepotism, ineffective leadership, favortism, coworkers can be petty, supervisors are not on the same page and often tell one person how to do their work and tell another doing the same job something different, difficult interview process

Understand that being "unique" can be to the company's benefit and should not be held against a person or their abilities

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!