Progressive Insurance

www.progressive.com

Job freedom but micromanaged at the same time.

Managed Repair Representative (Current Employee) Rockford, IL

ProsI have an assigned territory to cover where I write estimates and get agreements with shops. Whenever I am caught up, I am done for the day, I can expect to work a full day some times but often I am off early while still getting paid (salaried). I work with friendly co-workers and the culture is overall positive. My managers are very flexible when time of is needed and are willing to cover my area if there is no other choice. I don't think I have ever been told I can't take a day off.

ConsMany of my aspects of my job require collaboration with management to be able to write for certain things on an estimate, this lack of freedom to make decisions on my own overall hinders some of my ability to grow within my position. In my particular area, there is no room to move up without relocation. However in other areas this is not the case. My pay is lower then people who have similar positions with other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of a blanket set of rules for collaboration, why not base who has to collaborate on audit reviews? Would allow your good employees to show how well they can work on their own while still keeping an eye on the ones that need it.

Great Company to Work For

Claims Generalist Intermediate (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great work environment, and people. The job is also challenging… Cons: Work/Life balance is challenging at times. Benefits could always… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Alot of work, not much reward

Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) South Jordan, UT

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Certain jobs allow you to avoid the office Career advancement possible… Cons: Workload can be extremely overwhelming. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Progressive Insurance.

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!