Progressive Insurance

www.progressive.com
  www.progressive.com
There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

It's good it you want to stay in insurance

Current Employee - Managed Repair Representative in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Managed Repair Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Your Co-workers will be great people, and will support you both personally and professionally. Your job objectives will be obtainable. You can have a comfortable work-life balance, and personally, I've found my leaders to be supportive in times of need.

Cons

It is a very top down company with no mobility, cross-functionally unless you live in Cleveland, OH. Claims make up 80% of the jobs in the company, so most likely you'll be in a customer service type of role. Most people view, even their own, insurance company as the bad guy. Which on top of being in a customer service role with people who are negative to you and your role they don't like who you represent either.

I have worked in claims at Progressive for over 5 years and am about to complete my MBA. However, there are not opportunities for me to use my education locally, and nearly no support from a Fortune 200 company to improve myself with tuition reimbursement. You would think that a company who could use talent, especially developed internally with experience in insurance, would be more mobile in how and where they use it. Also, the last few years the company has developed a conflicting strategic plan. Initially, Progressive was focused on customer service in which every claim was assigned an individual claims representative from start to finish. Since they have segmented the claims experience from internal rep, to external rep, and if your claim is "less complex" it would be assigned to a central claim's unit (CCU). This conflicting strategy of CCU(high volume and low cost) greatly conflicts with the tradition of superior customer service ( one claim's rep. from start to finish).

742 Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Insurance (View Most Recent)

It was THE best work experience of my career.

Former Employee - Claims Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Claims Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

benefits, people, training, salary and opportunities

Cons

The bigger the company got, the bigger it became corporate America

treat people with respect and not like kindergartners

very good,

Current Employee - Senior Product Analyst in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Product Analyst in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

great team work, respectful culture with good cooperation and diversity; flexible working schedule; subordinate can also give evaluation or feedback for their managers

Cons

Not easy to get promotion especially for management position

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance