There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

It's good it you want to stay in insurance

Current Employee - Managed Repair Representative in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Managed Repair Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Your Co-workers will be great people, and will support you both personally and professionally. Your job objectives will be obtainable. You can have a comfortable work-life balance, and personally, I've found my leaders to be supportive in times of need.

Cons

It is a very top down company with no mobility, cross-functionally unless you live in Cleveland, OH. Claims make up 80% of the jobs in the company, so most likely you'll be in a customer service type of role. Most people view, even their own, insurance company as the bad guy. Which on top of being in a customer service role with people who are negative to you and your role they don't like who you represent either.

I have worked in claims at Progressive for over 5 years and am about to complete my MBA. However, there are not opportunities for me to use my education locally, and nearly no support from a Fortune 200 company to improve myself with tuition reimbursement. You would think that a company who could use talent, especially developed internally with experience in insurance, would be more mobile in how and where they use it. Also, the last few years the company has developed a conflicting strategic plan. Initially, Progressive was focused on customer service in which every claim was assigned an individual claims representative from start to finish. Since they have segmented the claims experience from internal rep, to external rep, and if your claim is "less complex" it would be assigned to a central claim's unit (CCU). This conflicting strategy of CCU(high volume and low cost) greatly conflicts with the tradition of superior customer service ( one claim's rep. from start to finish).

682 Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Insurance (View Most Recent)

Unfair decision to eliminate my position without offering alternatives

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant IV in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant IV in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The pay and benefits are great.

Cons

Treat administrative staff with no respect. There is minimal growth opportunities available for admins or clerks especially if your mgr doesn't help you to be promoted.

Care more about all your staff. Work with admins/clerks to be able to take classes, even if it doesn't relate to their position so they can move up in the company or atleast have choices.

Difficult job, not because of the company.

Current Employee - Claims Generalist Intermediate in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Claims Generalist Intermediate in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decent compensation, good people, yearly bonus near Christmas. The management tries to make the job bearable, even though it's difficult to do.

Cons

Terrible job, you leave most days feeling like a bad guy even though you are really trying to help people. People generally think negatively about insurance, almost everyday people treat you like your not a person.

Relax on NPS, the goals are unreasonable.

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance