Progressive Insurance

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

Senior Sales Representative

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great environment, Excellent product offering, Work life balance, Benefit Package, Gainshare, On site fitness centers, Overtime available & Competitive salary for entry level with opportunities to grow.

Cons

The pay is very close for a Master Closer as it is for an order taker. No commission based arrangements. Sales contests are based on luck of the draw not skill.

I know plenty of tenured Sales Representatives within the organization that are merely getting paid more based on tenure, not skill. Pay the SALES CLOSERS more than the order takers.

770 Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Insurance (View Most Recent)

good company to work for

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

good benefits, flexible schedule, excellent pay, excellent culture

Cons

Lack of advancement. i got burnt out doing the same thing over and over. stayed too long.

Progessive is the best company I have ever worked for!!!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Riverview, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Riverview, FL

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I was hired nearly a year ago after an extensive interview process, and have been so happy with the company! I am surprised since I only took the job out of desparate need after being out of work. But since I started and have learned about the culture of the company and the way they treat customers and employees, I have to say that this is the best company I have ever worked for. It's not an easy job, but if you show up each day and give it your best, the rewards are great! I plan to retire with Progressive and am proud to say I work for such a terrific company. The training is extensive, and you are given ample time to learn the skill necessary for your position. The support staff, managers and other leaders are all very friendly and supportive. It is truely a culture of the "The Golden Rule". Diversity and inclusion is practiced, not just preached like some of the other companies I have worked for. What I have found is that working for Progressive has made me a better person ...their culture, ethics and code of conduct instills respect for all whether they are a customer on the other end of the phone line, or a coworker sitting next to you. Opportunities to succeed are offered when you earn it, the managers actually help you achieve your goals! Employees are rewarded for hard work. And lastly the benefits are pretty darn good too! A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!!

Cons

Sometimes the work is stressfull, but that is true of any position really.

No advise..... Management is awesome.

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance