Senior Sales Representative

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great environment, Excellent product offering, Work life balance, Benefit Package, Gainshare, On site fitness centers, Overtime available & Competitive salary for entry level with opportunities to grow.

Cons

The pay is very close for a Master Closer as it is for an order taker. No commission based arrangements. Sales contests are based on luck of the draw not skill.

Advice to Management

I know plenty of tenured Sales Representatives within the organization that are merely getting paid more based on tenure, not skill. Pay the SALES CLOSERS more than the order takers.

Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Insurance

good company to work for

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good benefits, flexible schedule, excellent pay, excellent culture

Cons

Lack of advancement. i got burnt out doing the same thing over and over. stayed too long.

2. I learned to accept changes, worked with beautiful managers, supervisors and co-workers!

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

In the Customer Service Department, there are always training sessions, meetings, contests, potluck dinners (to mingle with your co-workers), and many other ways to grow and accept changes. The benefits are wonderful, especially when the company profits. You work with some beautiful people. You work in your own cubicle. You talk with some very interesting people!!

Cons

They always ask for their employees opinions. They try to make your job as easy as possible. A person has sick days and accumulated time to take off if needed. They have meetings with outside companies to come in and talk with their employees about financial and education resources. Managers and supervisors have open door policies when a person needs it.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed working at Progressive. I was just thinking the other day, I was blessed with some wonderful managers and supervisors. Keep up the good work!