There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

Great company to work for, just a little slow.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mayfield Heights, OH
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mayfield Heights, OH

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Pays well, good benefits, lots of time off, flexible work arrangements, some innovative projects to work on and great co-workers. Also most decisions are based on data, and not subjectivity.

Cons

Projects take too long to develop because of too much unnecessary complexity, red tape, and a culture of slow IT development. I would say as bad as it is, Progressive is the best of its competitors.

Move IT operations to Silicon Valley, NYC, Chicago, Austin, etc where you can get a pool of developers that are used to working at a faster pace.

680 Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Insurance (View Most Recent)

Good place to work

Former Employee - IT Operations Analyst in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - IT Operations Analyst in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

For a first job out of college, this is a great place to work. Tons of young, enthusiastic coworkers. Management has a pre drawn career path for new graduates.

Cons

Some favoritism towards Ohio University graduates. Nothing horrible, but everyone knows which employees went to OU, and which went to another University.

Management is not receptive if you want to deviate from the 'IT career path'

Progressive is an excellent company to work for.

Former Employee - Direct Service Representative in Mayfield, OH
    Former Employee - Direct Service Representative in Mayfield, OH

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Employee and customer centric. Progressive makes it a point to recognize and appreciate their employees. Working on campus is wonderful. The cafeteria provides a plethora of food choices. They also have a convenient store and dry cleaner on site. The quiet rooms with reclining leather chairs are awesome. They have ongoing training to ensure that their customers are well taken care of. I no longer work for the company, but I will probably never switch my insurance because I have that much respect for the way they do business.

Cons

Being a phone rep can become monotonous.

Some of the supervisors are clueless and need to be trained better when it comes to interpersonal communications.

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance