There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

Best Company I've Ever Worked For

Former Employee - Business Systems Consultant  in  Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
Former Employee - Business Systems Consultant in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits - between the onsite medical office, cafeterias, kitchen stations on every floor of every building, onsite gym, dry cleaners, quiet room...I could go on & on. Even the healthcare is better than every company I've worked for, before & after.
Culture - made some life-long friends from starting in the call center, all the way on up to IT and business roles. I'm one of the few that has left (regrettably). Many friends still there, with a stable position that provides challenges. How great is that in today's corporate economic state?

For anyone out there that complains about Progressive, all I can say is go work somewhere else doing the same, and let me know how that turns out. I've worked for 2 other companies since leaving due to a relocation and I can guarantee you nobody out there is as transparent to their employees and provides as much. If you are in one of the hourly positions, sure, it may not be as great. But like I said - go do the same elsewhere and see how that goes. As for promotion opportunities, I started out in the call center and moved UP into 4 other positions during a 7 year tenure. With every step I met more great people, learned more and felt like I worked for a company that respected their employees. Progressive is a fantastic company. If you think the grass is greener, I wish you luck.

Cons

No hiring program in place for Alumni. If you have good people that leave on good terms and want to come back, it should be an easy process to get them back in.

Add an Alumni hiring program to easily get your best team members back, given the opportunity.

658 Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Insurance (View Most Recent)

Great company however, some managers are old school and sexist, etc.

Current Employee - Sales Support Specialist
    Current Employee - Sales Support Specialist

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great office environment - worked in a small office an my old manager allowed me to work with out a ton of supervision. If you don't work in the corporate headquarters(Mayfield Village, OH) the environment is much better Great benefits, awesome people and decent pay.

Cons

Sexist, old school male managers. HR tells you that you can trust them and then they break their HR code and talk about you and other people to those that should not be privy to that specific information. Progressive is a corporate "yes" job. THey do not like anyone to ruffle their feathers and/or question things. Just say how high do you want me to jump.

Sales Support Specialists are NOT glorified secretaries and therefore should not be treated as such. The position description and job duties vary by manager even though there is a set description.

Great learning experience

Current Employee - Accounting  in  Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Accounting in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Progressive Insurance as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, extensive art collection, enthusiastic employees, competitive pay, laid back atmosphere (including casual dress code), exercise and health clinic on campus.

Cons

None immediately come to mind.

Keep on keeping on

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!