Progressive Insurance

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

Best Company I've Ever Worked For

Former Employee - Business Systems Consultant in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
Former Employee - Business Systems Consultant in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits - between the onsite medical office, cafeterias, kitchen stations on every floor of every building, onsite gym, dry cleaners, quiet room...I could go on & on. Even the healthcare is better than every company I've worked for, before & after.
Culture - made some life-long friends from starting in the call center, all the way on up to IT and business roles. I'm one of the few that has left (regrettably). Many friends still there, with a stable position that provides challenges. How great is that in today's corporate economic state?

For anyone out there that complains about Progressive, all I can say is go work somewhere else doing the same, and let me know how that turns out. I've worked for 2 other companies since leaving due to a relocation and I can guarantee you nobody out there is as transparent to their employees and provides as much. If you are in one of the hourly positions, sure, it may not be as great. But like I said - go do the same elsewhere and see how that goes. As for promotion opportunities, I started out in the call center and moved UP into 4 other positions during a 7 year tenure. With every step I met more great people, learned more and felt like I worked for a company that respected their employees. Progressive is a fantastic company. If you think the grass is greener, I wish you luck.

Cons

No hiring program in place for Alumni. If you have good people that leave on good terms and want to come back, it should be an easy process to get them back in.

Add an Alumni hiring program to easily get your best team members back, given the opportunity.

734 Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Insurance (View Most Recent)

A very family friendly place to work

Current Employee - Process Consultant III in Mayfield, OH
    Current Employee - Process Consultant III in Mayfield, OH

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time

Pros

Great benefits and perks-- work from home and flexible schedules are great.

Cons

Career limitations based on your education.

One of the good companies left in Cleveland

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People, benefits, and the work life balance

Cons

Manager, and the group I worked in

Identify the people who are really working hard and reward them not the ones who tell u what u want to hear but you never see results from them.. Get rid of the troublemakers, you have a lot of them.

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance