Get place to work

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family atmosphere, casual dress, many amenities offered, clinic on site, safe parking, security all over, great values and culture, lots of training

Cons

State guidlelines have to be used with every call, throughout the call with no room for error to be made. More role playing should have been used in training. I have seen where managers do have their favorites

Advice to Management

Treat everyone the same

Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Not for everyone - but if you can do it, more power to you!

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Gainshare (profit sharing that comes at us around Christmas time), keep you up to date on training, autonomy (for the most part), most people have your back if you are on vacation or out sick

Cons

Super stressful, dealing with people who yell at you because THEY don't understand their own auto policy, coworkers take advantage of supervisors who do everything for them, you will never be "great" at the job (they will always find something to complain about)

Advice to Management

More encouragement - we work all holidays except for Thanksgiving and Christmas Day - please stop siding with the customer when they have been a "problem customer" from the beginning (you hired me, stop taking their side)

Claims Adjuster

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is okay the first two years but tapers off after that. Great Coworkers

Cons

Workload is insane. Stay here two years and move on. Great training in a fast paced environment. Stay if you enjoy micromanagement and not being able to make empowered decisions. Raises are 1% -3% annually and the bonus checks at the end of the year don't cover the 50 plus hours you'll work weekly.

Advice to Management

Remember the work life balance philosophy. Take care of your employees and they will take care of the customers. We focus so much on numbers that we forget about the customers. Reinventing the wheel every 6 months is challenging. Stick to one business model and learn to trust your employees decision making instead of critquing every move. We are losing great talent to other companies with better work environments.