There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

never a dull moment

Current Employee - Claims Generalist  in  Lubbock, TX
Current Employee - Claims Generalist in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

this is a job that is perfect for people who love to learn, are goal oriented, and love a fast paced environment. I love my boss and couldn't ask for better coworkers. Progressive is hands down the most flexible job i have ever worked. I was able to schedule a crown the day off and a root canal the day before. Would recomment this place to anyone

Cons

How you like your job is directly a result of how you like your manager. If you have a good manager this is an excellent job if you have a tedious, nit picky manager you will hate it to no end.

My advice to management is to respect your workers as much as you can, their productivity depends on your positivity and leadership. Do not nit pick at every little thing, occasionally we will forget to put in our templates.

659 Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Insurance (View Most Recent)

I enjoyed my time at Progressive.

Current Employee - Associate Manager  in  Mayfield, OH
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in Mayfield, OH

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Culture's great, flexible hours and great company.

Cons

Company has grown significantly in the past 15 or so years. Many employees want it to 'go back to the old days' which is not possible

Designed and developed enterprise software development solutions.

Former Employee - IT Programmer Consultant  in  Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - IT Programmer Consultant in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Progressive is a great place to work. I met some of my best friend there. It provides a clear career path in software development for the first 8-10 yrs out of college.

Cons

No career growth after achieving an promotion to IT Programmer Consultant. I was at that position for 5 years with very little opportunities other than lateral moves. I felt I could do alot more for the company however there were no opportunities for promotion.

Recognize your high performers and give them a career path. You will not keep your best people if at 30 years of age you may never get another promotion.

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!