There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

When you work hard, you get to play hard. Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Claims Manager  in  Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Claims Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Progressive Insurance

Pros

Because I have dedicated myself to my job as a career, I have seen much effort placed in my development. Senior management understands that employees need to have attainable goals. Monthly coaching discussions are emphasized to assist in each person's growth. There are so many different avenues to get into within the company.

It's no secret that Progressive spends a lot of money on training good people. It's the reason we have scouts constantly looking to steal away our talent.

Senior management recognizes that people are people outside of the workforce. We come together inside the office as one big team and leave outside differences behind us.

Cons

If you work in claims, the workload can be very intense. It's pretty much a product of "Corporate America" to be pushed and prodded with the words "accuracy" and "efficiency" so Progressive is not alone. But a standard 8 hour shift, not to mention the stress going home can be very wearing. BUT, the pressure I've endured has only made me a stronger person, even outside of the company.

Keep up the good work. I'm proud to be a part of an organization that is consistently looking for ways to improve.

659 Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Insurance (View Most Recent)

Progressive, great benefits!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Progressive Insurance

Pros

Benefits are excellent, schedule flexibility, dress code is wonderful. Environment is clean and productive. Is a good starting point to build work experience. Profit sharing each year really is helpful with christmas time. Casual attire to work makes it comfortabel. Open door policy allows for easy communication with managment without being looked down upon. Gives great training to do the job. Managment works well with employees for personal needs and schedules if need be. Progressive pays majority of benefits and vision plan pays pretty much everything. They have wonderful fitness center offering classes and well rounded equipment. Has doctor on site which is very helpful.

Cons

Advancement opportunities are not that great.

They should allow for more room for advancement for hardworking employess with degrees.

Horrible

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Progressive Insurance

Pros

No good reasons. Too much overtime

Cons

They expect you to perform way too much work and do not compensate fairly. No advancement, why bother when they can just hire another recent college grad for less?

Leave the company! Peter Lewis would be ashamed if he had any idea of how badly management performs.

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!