Progressive Insurance

www.progressive.com
  www.progressive.com
There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

When you work hard, you get to play hard. Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Claims Manager in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Claims Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Progressive Insurance

Pros

Because I have dedicated myself to my job as a career, I have seen much effort placed in my development. Senior management understands that employees need to have attainable goals. Monthly coaching discussions are emphasized to assist in each person's growth. There are so many different avenues to get into within the company.

It's no secret that Progressive spends a lot of money on training good people. It's the reason we have scouts constantly looking to steal away our talent.

Senior management recognizes that people are people outside of the workforce. We come together inside the office as one big team and leave outside differences behind us.

Cons

If you work in claims, the workload can be very intense. It's pretty much a product of "Corporate America" to be pushed and prodded with the words "accuracy" and "efficiency" so Progressive is not alone. But a standard 8 hour shift, not to mention the stress going home can be very wearing. BUT, the pressure I've endured has only made me a stronger person, even outside of the company.

Keep up the good work. I'm proud to be a part of an organization that is consistently looking for ways to improve.

714 Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Insurance (View Most Recent)

A good company through the downtimes.

Current Employee - Claims Service Representative in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Claims Service Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Progressive Insurance

Pros

The people are great, the company is good. They try to take care of you and keep spirits high around the office. They are constantly look at themselves and the work environment and are always trying to make changes for the better. Little things are changing all the time. If they see a process wrong they try to fix it. They understand its a tough job and they do their best to allow for down time as well. You are given a lot of freedom to do your job and don't always have a constant presence over you telling you to do this or that.

Cons

It's a slow growth time. There is just a lot of busy work and not much else going on. There's not a whole lot of growth at the moment but that's to be expected at this time. And least the company is still afloat and doing well. Its a fast paced work environment and your daily tasks change on the fly. Working in Insurance your always going to be considered the bad guy and will have to work to overcome that. I really don't think it's a bad company overall. They really do take care of their employees and try to keep things on the up and up.

Nothing, they're great.

Progressive, great benefits!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Progressive Insurance

Pros

Benefits are excellent, schedule flexibility, dress code is wonderful. Environment is clean and productive. Is a good starting point to build work experience. Profit sharing each year really is helpful with christmas time. Casual attire to work makes it comfortabel. Open door policy allows for easy communication with managment without being looked down upon. Gives great training to do the job. Managment works well with employees for personal needs and schedules if need be. Progressive pays majority of benefits and vision plan pays pretty much everything. They have wonderful fitness center offering classes and well rounded equipment. Has doctor on site which is very helpful.

Cons

Advancement opportunities are not that great.

They should allow for more room for advancement for hardworking employess with degrees.

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance