There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

It's ok... but call center work is soul-sucking.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company understands that this job is soul-sucking, so they throw in a lot of benefits like an on-site fitness center, child care reimbursement, cafeteria.

Cons

It's so unhealthy to be stuck on a phone all day. Plus, the company is so large that the different departments don't communicate or understand each other. Customers get lost in the phone menu and have to talk to 5 people to get anything resolved, and as a result, everyone is p*ssed off all the time. Half the people in this company aren't trained well, so customers get a wrong answer three times before someone finally fixes the mess.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Personal Lines Processor-Very diverse and talented company.

Current Employee - Personal Lines Processor in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Current Employee - Personal Lines Processor in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility, chance to work from home. I have been employed at Prog for 10 yrs now (started out on phones...overwhelming and no joke). have been under 13 different managers. I'm now working from home half my weekly shift and I Love it! My present manager is awesome, he is "laid-back" and knowledeable- which is a plus. Also, great benefits...Pretty safe to say its a job that I feel secure in.

Cons

Its all about the managers- that will make you or break you in this comp. Some managers still have the micro-management style of managing. Also, favortism still seems to play a huge role on how you will succeed in your career. To fixated on "numbers/metrics"- which can cause stress. Need more room for internal growth.

Advice to Management

Talk to your employees, ask them what's the best way to train, coach and develop their workers. We are not children but very educated, motivated & loyal employees

2. Internship Experience

Former Intern - Data Analyst Intern in Cleveland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Former Intern - Data Analyst Intern in Cleveland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I worked at Progressive Insurance as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed interning with Progressive.
    It is dynamic, fast paced type of industry
    The people are very friendly, and the company strive's for excellence.

Cons

I do not have any cons since I didn't stay at the company for a long time, but it appears that upward career mobility is sort-of restricted at Progressive.

Advice to Management

It was all merry for me.