There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

Progressive is casual, but not a lot of room for moving up....

Current Employee - Information Technology
Current Employee - Information Technology

I have been working at Progressive Insurance

Pros

People seem laid back. The environment does not appear to be highly intense. Comfortable facility, except they can't get the temperature right (it's always too warm). Seems to promote flexible work schedules, allowing people to work from home.

Cons

I'm not seeing a lot of room for upward mobility. A lot of the people in charge appear to be "lifers," having been here 15 or 20 or more years. They comprise a close circle of friends. I've heard you have to be good buddies with them to move up into any sort of leadership or strategic role here.

I haven't been here long enough to really offer advice. I haven't interacted with the leadership enough.

reviews filtered by

Interview

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster

I worked at Progressive Insurance

Pros

Training, Learning and development, Paid time off, bonus payout (profit sharing), freedom on road, ability to take what you've learned and go elsewhere.

Cons

Work vs life balance. No overtime pay structure. Lack of promotability within the local office. Lack of continued investment in employee development.

Restructuring makes this company a scary place to work for. If you are looking to settle in and grow securely with a company, while having a family balance, forget it. The "Good Old Boys" logic applies.

A has been company.

Current Employee - Managed Repair Representative
    Current Employee - Managed Repair Representative

I have been working at Progressive Insurance

Pros

Good place to learn under pressure, obtain traing to use for other competitors that will seek you after you burn out.

Cons

Was formerly a great place to work. Corporate out of touch with reality, state level managers are robots. Stay away.

Practice what you preach to others. Quit hiding and get out and see what is going on outside your office.

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance