There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

Progressive is casual, but not a lot of room for moving up....

Current Employee - Information Technology
Current Employee - Information Technology

I have been working at Progressive Insurance

Pros

People seem laid back. The environment does not appear to be highly intense. Comfortable facility, except they can't get the temperature right (it's always too warm). Seems to promote flexible work schedules, allowing people to work from home.

Cons

I'm not seeing a lot of room for upward mobility. A lot of the people in charge appear to be "lifers," having been here 15 or 20 or more years. They comprise a close circle of friends. I've heard you have to be good buddies with them to move up into any sort of leadership or strategic role here.

Advice to Management

I haven't been here long enough to really offer advice. I haven't interacted with the leadership enough.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Progressive

I have been working at Progressive Insurance

Pros

Pay well. Give incentives to work hard and get ahead. You will love working for progressive. Give raises to good workers.

Cons

Management is sort of mean. They treat you like a child at times if you dont do what your supposed to do.

Advice to Management

Please give more raises to workers who do what they are supposed to do. People need to pay attention to everything.

Interview

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster

I worked at Progressive Insurance

Pros

Training, Learning and development, Paid time off, bonus payout (profit sharing), freedom on road, ability to take what you've learned and go elsewhere.

Cons

Work vs life balance. No overtime pay structure. Lack of promotability within the local office. Lack of continued investment in employee development.

Advice to Management

Restructuring makes this company a scary place to work for. If you are looking to settle in and grow securely with a company, while having a family balance, forget it. The "Good Old Boys" logic applies.