Progressive Insurance

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

Fantastic Company

Current Employee - Medical Claims Representative in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Medical Claims Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary
Great work environment
Flexible with work schedule and work from home arrangements
Fantastic management

Cons

Limited opportunities other than claims in the Seattle area.

797 Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Insurance (View Most Recent)

Claims Generalist Intermediate

Former Employee - Claims Generalist Intermediate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Claims Generalist Intermediate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great co-workers and gainshare is a nice bonus to get at the end of the year. Excellent benefits and 401k matching. They have an awesome training program for anyone looking to be in insurance claims.

Cons

People are over worked and constantly frustrated. There is too much empasis on meeting unrealistic expectations. I have never seen anyone be completely caught up and feel okay about leaving for the day. There is no way to advance your career with all the manangement restructures. You can move to different deparments but not advance. Also, the pay needs to be more competitive. Gainshare should be a bonus, not part of your salary.

You have to balance the workload. There is no way you can do all that is required with the amount of claims that you receive everyday. I did it for over ten years, and left on my own free will because I saw no future for me other than claims. After handling injuries, there is nothing else to aspire to. In my last year at Progressive, almost all of the tenured reps have left the company. I think managment needs to really address it before Progressive becomes a rolling door--again.

The experience you have at Progressive is entirely dependent on the office you work in.

Current Employee - Claims Generalist Associate in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Claims Generalist Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Progressive hires great people. They have a knack for acquiring great talent.

Cons

They are extremely biased against veterans & people with commitments outside of work. Unless you have kids, there is no leeway given to you for family/friend emergencies. If you want to take time off work, you have to request it a minimum of 2 months out. The financial compensation offered is not worth the work required, especially if you're a salaried or "non-exempt" employee.

Modernize your processes & technology. Make your pay competitive to the market.

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance