There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

Pgoressive Can be fun

Current Employee - Product Analyst  in  Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Product Analyst in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Progressive Insurance

Pros

Progressive has lots of opportunities to learn different things. Whether it be in R&D, claims or pricing, the Progressive way is one of movement - if you don't like something, do something else. Something Peter Lewis taught each one of us. Movement is typically encouraged. Pay isn't awful Work and home balance is a good thing. Very few are here past 6 pm each night. This place is fantastic when growth is good. Can be depressing when growth is bad. Been here for almost 10 years and have seen both good and bad times. Good is better obviously but we learn from the bad and come back better than before.

Cons

As we become larger, we're losing sight of some of the things that made us Progressive and without trying, creating a glass ceiling for those of us that are left. You work hard to reach a certain point and all of a sudden, hit the last promotion of your career and people are surprised that people leave. Although I think we're reacting the other way to that now. We focus so much on career development (or at least as a catchphrase) that there's no place for a product analyst that likes their job and would do it for a while anymore. Everyone needs to be thinking about that next step.

Your top talent is leaving as everyone is passed over for favorites of a select few.

659 Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Insurance (View Most Recent)

OK place to work but not build a career

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster

I have been working at Progressive Insurance

Pros

Decent pay and decent benefits if you are single and healthy

Cons

No opportunity to advance as the company consolidates claim handling

Stop with the competing egos and focus on the company - too many layers of management

Could be a really good company if they did a few things different.

Former Employee - Data Analyst  in  Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Progressive Insurance

Pros

If you are a talented technology worker you have the opportunity to work with some of the most capable people in the area. You are likely to have access to better training opportunities and will learn a lot in a short while.

Cons

If you are not in technology chances are the pressure to perform up to expectations may be a bit over the top. Progressive have been known as the technology company that just happens to sell insurance.

Better humanizing relationships with your customers are needed for Progressive to do well.

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!