Progressus Therapy

www.progressustherapy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Progressus Therapy

great

I have been working at Progressus Therapy

Pros

a good company takes care of his employers

Cons

nothing I can think of

19 Other Employee Reviews for Progressus Therapy (View Most Recent)

Good experience overall

Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist
    Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist

I have been working at Progressus Therapy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive per hour rate, good benefits package, good support from corporate office, lucky with my school placement and caseload (not always the case), health insurance in the summer, pays for ASHA dues and CEUs if full-time

Cons

No sick days, no paid holidays until 2nd year, no pay over summer break, very little or no opportunity for work in the summer, school placements can be difficult, no gas money if traveling between schools, may need to split time between several schools, no pay when schools are closed

I would like to see more opportunities in district schools as opposed to charter schools. Being salaried would be even better than paid by the hour.

Working for Progressus was great....until it wasn't.

Former Employee - School Psychologist
    Former Employee - School Psychologist

I worked at Progressus Therapy full-time

Pros

For self-directed, highly motivated, organized and enthusiastic individuals, Progressus is a great place to gain work experience in the helping fields. The company does want to know what is happening in the field, because supervisors are not directly on-site most often--therefore the submission of stories and work examples to be pooled for prizes exist here. This is a good company to work for if you are a go-getter and comfortable with self-reliance and independence.

Cons

One of the most distressing factors regarding Progressus is the lack of communication and honesty between management and staff. There is a constant cloak-and-dagger feel, which means that often, very dedicated and great employees slip through. There is little sense of stability, and the most dangerous part of working for Progressus in a school-based occupation is that there are no guarantees that you will have a job past the current year. I was praised and even won an award for my performance in the field, was told that I would have a job the next school year and then, very abruptly, was told that contracts were not being renewed. Progressus waited so long to make a decision and communicate clearly about their contracts with the local schools that I lost employment opportunities for the following year--after all, interviews for one school year are held before the last one ends! Several other professionals were treated the same way.

My advice is to invest more in your people, especially those who are good, honest, compassionate, dedicated, motivated, and loyal. Be more honest about whether a person is going to have a job or not. Rather than firing and hiring constantly, consider taking professionals more seriously and as if their livelihood matters.

There are newer employer reviews for Progressus Therapy