Promega

www.promega.com

Promega is a leading edge company in life sciences with a wonderful campus and environment to work.

Administrative (Former Employee) Madison, WI

ProsThis company has plenty of great and interesting people from a broad spectrum - scientists to home beer brewers. Many midwesterners with a good sprinkling of people from around the world. Their flagship headquarters building is unique and the company cafeteria was far better than many restaurants I've experienced.

ConsIn a competitive world and crowded job market, you'll need to be amongst the very best and well educated. There is good training, but as with many larger organizations, you should be pretty self sufficient.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs a contract worker, I received a good initial welcome and guidance to fit in. However, that faded over time. At the point in which my time was up, my departure was pretty anticlimactic with almost no recognition that I was leaving. I didn't expect any grand send-off. However, even HR seemed to just go through the minimal requirements to send me on my way, with barely a "good luck".

My experience was regular working in Promega

Small Volume Dispensing Tech (Former Employee) Fitchburg, WI

I worked at Promega

Pros: Good food in the cafeteria, however, it gets boring after a while. Fitness facilities in each building.… Cons: Promotions depends on who you know. Therefore, you might end up with a terrible supervisor in your department. A person that will have not idea… Advice to Senior Management: Stop hiring supervisor out of the blue and promote those who really deserves it. Give a better rise and salary… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Highly Entreprenurial

Withheld for Specificity (Only Person With This Title) (Former Employee) Madison, WI

I worked at Promega

Pros: Great benefits, compensation and work environment. Tremendous flexibility in schedule and lifestyle. Great rate of technology adoption… Cons: Workers are on their own with regards to career advancement. Money is provided for professional development which is great, but mentoring,… Advice to Senior Management: Increase support in Human Resources to encourage for Professional Development… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Promega.

Worked for Promega? Contribute to the Community!