Promega

www.promega.com
  www.promega.com
There are newer employer reviews for Promega

Good experience. Healthy, up-beat, bottom-line attitude.

Former Employee - QA Manager in Madison, WI
Former Employee - QA Manager in Madison, WI

I worked at Promega

Pros

Great benefits, wonderful healthcare facility. Management is eager to be successful, and it trickles down to employees. Good support for technical teams.

Cons

Too darn cold and snowy in winters! Sometimes, when things get too exciting, management tries to take shortcuts - which lead to mistakes.

Don't immediately shift to outside consulting to fix things. In-house staff is very smart and dedicated, and should be a part of the process for improvements.

30 Other Employee Reviews for Promega (View Most Recent)

Promega is a leading edge company in life sciences with a wonderful campus and environment to work.

Former Employee - Administrative in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Administrative in Madison, WI

I worked at Promega

Pros

This company has plenty of great and interesting people from a broad spectrum - scientists to home beer brewers. Many midwesterners with a good sprinkling of people from around the world. Their flagship headquarters building is unique and the company cafeteria was far better than many restaurants I've experienced.

Cons

In a competitive world and crowded job market, you'll need to be amongst the very best and well educated. There is good training, but as with many larger organizations, you should be pretty self sufficient.

As a contract worker, I received a good initial welcome and guidance to fit in. However, that faded over time. At the point in which my time was up, my departure was pretty anticlimactic with almost no recognition that I was leaving. I didn't expect any grand send-off. However, even HR seemed to just go through the minimal requirements to send me on my way, with barely a "good luck".

My experience was regular working in Promega

Former Employee - Small Volume Dispensing Tech in Fitchburg, WI
    Former Employee - Small Volume Dispensing Tech in Fitchburg, WI

I worked at Promega

Pros

Good food in the cafeteria, however, it gets boring after a while. Fitness facilities in each building. Flexible when it comes to take a day off ( at least for people with higher positions).

Cons

Promotions depends on who you know. Therefore, you might end up with a terrible supervisor in your department. A person that will have not idea where things are, or how to get them done. So you will be better off asking a more experience co-worker for directions. So if you want to be promoted, you better start kissing your boss rear end.
    A lot of gossip goes around which make your work environment uncomfortable.
    Poorly pay, and miserable salary rise. In the meantime you will be invited to a company meeting where they will spit on your face how much money is the company making every year. And show off about the company private hangar and jets.
    Lastly, you better have a decent salary position in order to take advantage of the fitness program and facilities, and the schedule flexibility.

Stop hiring supervisor out of the blue and promote those who really deserves it.
    Give a better rise and salary to those who make possible the success of your company, that means everyone! you know the company can afford it..

There are newer employer reviews for Promega