There are newer employer reviews for Promega

Promega corporation review- marketing and sales

Current Employee - Product Manager in Madison, WI
Current Employee - Product Manager in Madison, WI

I have been working at Promega full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling
Friendly, competant co-workers
Privately held company

Cons

Pay is significantly less than other similar positions at other companies

29 Other Employee Reviews for Promega (View Most Recent)

Good experience. Healthy, up-beat, bottom-line attitude.

Former Employee - QA Manager in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - QA Manager in Madison, WI

I worked at Promega

Pros

Great benefits, wonderful healthcare facility. Management is eager to be successful, and it trickles down to employees. Good support for technical teams.

Cons

Too darn cold and snowy in winters! Sometimes, when things get too exciting, management tries to take shortcuts - which lead to mistakes.

Don't immediately shift to outside consulting to fix things. In-house staff is very smart and dedicated, and should be a part of the process for improvements.

Promega is a leading edge company in life sciences with a wonderful campus and environment to work.

Former Employee - Administrative in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Administrative in Madison, WI

I worked at Promega

Pros

This company has plenty of great and interesting people from a broad spectrum - scientists to home beer brewers. Many midwesterners with a good sprinkling of people from around the world. Their flagship headquarters building is unique and the company cafeteria was far better than many restaurants I've experienced.

Cons

In a competitive world and crowded job market, you'll need to be amongst the very best and well educated. There is good training, but as with many larger organizations, you should be pretty self sufficient.

As a contract worker, I received a good initial welcome and guidance to fit in. However, that faded over time. At the point in which my time was up, my departure was pretty anticlimactic with almost no recognition that I was leaving. I didn't expect any grand send-off. However, even HR seemed to just go through the minimal requirements to send me on my way, with barely a "good luck".

There are newer employer reviews for Promega