Supportive environment, great people, outstanding place to work

Former Employee - Production Scientist  in  Madison, WI
Former Employee - Production Scientist in Madison, WI

I worked at Promega full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Collaborative place to work. Your opinions matter and you will be given all the tools you need to succeed. They treat their employees very well. The leadership team is top notch and very supportive of career goals. The company is expanding rapidly and Mr. Linton is extremely committed to growing to company and expanding Promega's footprint on the biotech community. Overall, the relationships I built while I was there were extremely valuable and I grew as a professional and a person while I was there.

Cons

Promotions will be slow but steady if you prove yourself.

Other Reviews for Promega

Promega is state of art biotech company. It is full of creative force with gentleness and firmness.

Current Employee - Technical Support  in  Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Madison, WI

I have been working at Promega full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

When you go for interview you can expect at least 18 people to interview you. Humans choose a human. They can not make a mistake and if they do it will be a small one.
    Company trains you through a close supervision of experienced colleagues and sends you to courses that are beneficial for your future professional carrier. I feel as if I had finished a business school after working there for a couple of years.
    People that work there resemble me of my family or school friends.
    All space is full of art and each building offers sports activities. Restaurant serves organic food grown in Promega’s garden.
    If you need a doctor she or a nurse are right there for you. No need to waist money and time.

Cons

Salary is small - it does not increase with the inflation rate. Few vacation/holliday days.
    There is pre-set pace of advancement in every aspect; however, this is inherited by system of the society. I wish to see more California spirit in Promega. I believe that would drive up creativity at least by one log scale.

Have more self-confidence. Do not obey meaningless rules. Do not categorize people according to a recent course that you have just taken, or do not obey blindly a command of upper management.Get a bigger picture for each and every one. Then you can unlock a full potential of each person. Relax and get more vacation outside of your home-job setting. Experience something new.

Medium Sized Company that survives against large competitors

I have been working at Promega full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people, Great technologies. Can do attitude in areas that we are serious about, and there is commercial potential. Great management of the production and quality assurance areas, in particular.

Cons

Upper management wedded to building their own fiefdoms and power base, rather than doing what makes sense for the company. Not enough oversight of upper managers who have sold the organization no some direction that cannot be accomplished. R&D program run on the basis of political considerations, rather than commercial principle.

Start building metrics that reflect sales, rather than just following the lead of a senior manager who is persuasive and offers up the potential of lots of payoff. Better analysis of markets in which you plan to compete.

There are newer employer reviews for Promega.

Worked for Promega? Contribute to the Community!