Promontory Interfinancial Network

www.promnetwork.com
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Promontory Interfinancial Network

Not great, could be better..

I have been working at Promontory Interfinancial Network

Pros

Pay is decent. Nice facility.

Cons

Management that is out of touch with employees. A lot is expected of employees with little to no recognition. Work load can consume your life and it is expected that you give up personal plans or pre-scheduled vacation. Company does NOT match any portion of 401K contribution.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Luckiest Day Of My Life When I Accepted PIN's Offer

Current Employee - IT Professional in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - IT Professional in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Promontory Interfinancial Network full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Upper-management only hires managers that really care about people Everyone helps others to succeed Friendly work environment and co-workers Interesting work Strong benefits package

Cons

I cannot think of a drawback or negative. There is no "Cons" to working at Promontory.

Advice to Management

I've been treated so well over the years, I hope I have lived up to your expectation.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Promontory Interfinancial Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been working at Promontory for over three years now. I was thrilled when I began here, since it was such a stark contrast to my previous job, where employees were either ignored or micromanaged, and the President of the company seemed always on the verge of an angry outburst. I immediately saw that there was no "hierarchy" at Promontory and that each employee was valued and treated with respect. Upper management was approachable and welcoming. I was amazed that when I provided feedback (both positive and negative) to my supervisor, she took it seriously and made efforts to either improve things or continue down roads that were working. That's something I've seen play out over and over while I'm here. My work and opinions are valued and when I do the right thing, I'm backed by management- all the way to the top. Benefits here are great and comprehensive- generous leave and flexible schedules when you need it, great medical at a good cost, dental, vision, 401K match, paid portion of life insurance, paid short term and long term disability, etc. But, the benefits that really make work life enjoyable are monthly themed birthday parties, yearly company picnic, Halloween party, holiday party, monthly brown bag lunch and learns, etc. Not to mention food served throughout the week, casual Fridays, and a laid back, but professional environment. What makes Promontory great is that everyone works as a team- a team that's diverse, capable and kind, and where everyone is considered important. Hands down, that makes Promontory one of the best places I've worked and why I plan to continue working here as long as I can.

Cons

A few long-term staff have become bitter and jaded over the years and their negativity can be difficult to be around. But, I think, unfortunately, you'll find folks like this at any company.

Advice to Management

Continue valuing diversity and including everyone in decisions made, especially when it comes to employee benefits, work/life balance and creating a positive work environment. Don't allow the "bad apples" to poison others, and keep those who value the company, enjoy their work and are motivated to do better, a priority.