Prompt is a decent place to work

Current Employee - Emergency Medical Dispatcher  in  Highland, IN
Current Employee - Emergency Medical Dispatcher in Highland, IN

I have been working at Prompt Ambulance Service

Pros

Many people feel that a private ambulance service is not the way to go. I felt the same way, but when I have a family to support, Prompt is a great place to help you provide for your family. There are opportunities to further your career, and Prompt is a large company that is quickly growing. With that growth comes opportunities. Overall, I feel they are a fair employer.

Cons

Not much different than other companies. They have issues to iron out in management.

They need to be more open to listening to others and their ideas, as well as communicate upcoming changes.

Other Reviews for Prompt Ambulance Service

A very uneven experience.

Current Employee - EMT ALS  in  Merrillville, IN
    Current Employee - EMT ALS in Merrillville, IN

I have been working at Prompt Ambulance Service full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Sadly, this company pays pretty well compared to other private ambulance businesses. The pay is still very low, but OT is usually available to those who want it. They are also better equipped than most other companies and have gotten a lot of newer ambulances.

Cons

Unfortunately, in this company, a lot of how you progress is about who you know and not on your actual merits as an EMT. Prompt has a massive amount of employees all with a varying degree of competency. New hires can become supervisors if they buddy up to the right person which is concerning because of their lack of experience in emergency calls. Many long time employees are fired for arbitrary reasons and new people come in who will work for less money. The company also keeps iffy employees as long as they are on friendly terms with the owners--this was so problematic that it actually made the news. Pay is also very low, but it is better than some of the other companies around here. Also, yearly raises decreased each year and eventually became nonexistent.

Respect the people who have helped build your business.

Prompt Ambulance Service...a review from an employee's point of view

Current Employee - Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic  in  Highland, IN
    Current Employee - Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic in Highland, IN

I have been working at Prompt Ambulance Service

Pros

Good place to start. You learn patient care, and report writing skills. You also learn the "ins and outs" of the hospital staff and how to communicate with the nurses, dr's ect. You learn your way around Lake county, Porter county, and the hospitals in IL/Chicago. You get a chance to see the 911 side of things as an EMT. As a paramedic you are running ALS and BLS runs. One big down side is the way Prompt pays the 24 hr crews. I believe it is truly unfair and they have obviously seen this with how many people they have lost due to their practices with pay.

Cons

No way of moving up in the company. Very, very over-worked and underapriciated.

I honeslty do not know where to begin.

There are newer employer reviews for Prompt Ambulance Service.

Worked for Prompt Ambulance Service? Contribute to the Community!