There are newer employer reviews for Proofpoint

solid customers and technology with consistent sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Proofpoint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

best core software among its competitors. consistent sales growth based on subscription model

Cons

having problems moving outside its core competency. Overly optimistic management relative to strong but not fantastic growth opportunity

be more realistic about growth opportunity and plan accordingly

62 Other Employee Reviews for Proofpoint (View Most Recent)

The culture needs a lot of work

Current Employee - Senior Management in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Management in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Proofpoint full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company offers standard benefits. The colleagues are pleasant. They offer free beverages and dry cleaning services. Occasional work-from-home option is allowed by certain groups.

Cons

The culture is very bad. Too many silos and functional groups do not collaborate or help each other. The company conducts surprise lay-offs of really smart, capable and solid contributors. It hires senior level management only to have them focused on junior level/tactical work. No opportunity for advancement unless you leave and come back.

Respect your employees, drive decision making down. Create a culture of dignity and respect as opposed to under utilization and fear of being laid off.

Good company to work for with a bright future

Current Employee - Technical Field in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Field in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Proofpoint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is stable. The top executives have been prudent. Lots of technical innovation.

Cons

The financial prudence of the executives means benefits and perks are modest. As a pre-ipo employee, I expected to share in the growth and success of the company. I have not. Although I anticipate good growth for the company, I don't anticipate benefiting from it.

Poor recognition and reward of employees destroys the fiction that there is a "Proofpoint Team." Oh, and don't tell us what is good for us as shareholders when most of us have a share of the company that is so trivial that the stock price could go up %100 and we would hardly notice.

There are newer employer reviews for Proofpoint