Property Solutions International

There are newer employer reviews for Property Solutions International

Growing Company

Former Employee - Product Development Manager in Lehi, UT
Former Employee - Product Development Manager in Lehi, UT

I worked at Property Solutions International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Property Solutions offers a casual environment with lots of perks - free food, massages, etc. The company and culture are young and the industry has much room for growth.

Cons

Because the company is young, they are going through growing pains. However, they have a great revenue model and can afford to make some mistakes without taking down the company.

Work on your growth plan. New hires that have not been with a company at the early growth stages will struggle to understand their role.

56 Other Employee Reviews for Property Solutions International (View Most Recent)

Young Company in a difficult position that makes it hard on employees.

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Lehi, UT

I worked at Property Solutions International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Young company with potentially strong product. Free food sometimes. Usually good coworkers. Okay base salary.
    Good HR department, congenial.
    Okay benefits.

Cons

Very difficult work environment, at least in the sales department. Management has no sales experience, promotions based on seniority, regardless of performance. Several people fired or demoted without clear reason. No training for new employees.
    No transparency, decisions made behind closed doors.
    No open door policy.
    Hiring is based completely on gut reaction by unqualified interviewers.
    Extremely non-diverse sales department.
    This could be a plus or minus. Those who performed well were not recognized or rewarded. Those who did not perform were able to keep not performing for months. When bonuses did come, they were awarded based on drawings or luck. This job rewards non-performance, at least right now while things are so disorganized. So there is less pressure than a normal sales job, but no stability.
    Sales areas were very confusing, and leads were constantly being redistributed until no one seemed to have enough leads, but the company kept hiring, even while no one performed.
    They moved to Lehi right after I was hired. Really inconvenient for a Provo family to suddenly have a commute. I hope they can turn it around somehow, because the product is great and I enjoyed serving my customers. But the sales department is just not a safe place right now for anyone serious about a sales career.

The Big Deals club needs to go. It's really embarrassing to see management acting like that, creating a clique that arbitrarily selects 'cool people' based on things like personal fashion, golfing ability, and randomly rejecting people. It's not high school.
    Get actual Sales management in your sales department. It needs a complete overhaul.
    Real management works even harder than the employees. Sets the example, makes people work harder just to impress them and be like them.

It's okay, but I don't really want to stay here long-term.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Property Solutions International

Pros

For the most part, the people working in development are very competent in their chosen disciplines. The company is built around an "innovate quickly" mindset, which is nice because it gives you lots of opportunities to create new products that the market hasn't seen before. Due to the small size of the company, I always feel like I'm working on high-level products that will be seen by lots of people, rather than some obscure feature that no one cares about.

Also, while I can't vouch for the quality of all the managers at Property Solutions, I think my boss is truly exceptional. He's probably the best manager I've ever had.

Cons

Property Solutions has some inefficiencies. For one thing, the company really struggles to produce adequate documentation. This is a big deal internally because a lot of knowledge has been lost to employee turnover. It seems like we're constantly looking things up in the code because no one knows what X feature does anymore.

Working with India is certainly cost-effective, but it can also be very frustrating when we have to rebuild something two or three times because of inefficiencies in the line of communication.

Property Solutions struggles to maintain a good balance of listening to clients vs. catering to their every whim. Clients know that they can get what they want by threatening to leave. It works time and time again. I keep hearing that this practice is going to change, but I haven't seen any evidence of it thus far.

I also think the leadership at the top of the company could be doing a better job of engaging and communicating with the employees. My previous employer strategically used communication and company culture as a motivation tool that inspired great employees to do their best work. But at Property Solutions, I feel like the communication falls short and the culture is a bit flat. If you were to ask me what the company's values are, I would have to guess based on hearsay. If you were to ask me about the exciting things we're working on right now, I wouldn't be able to tell you all the reasons why those things are exciting or where our products fit in the industry. Rather than teaching employees why the company is great and why our products matter, they take a "figure it out yourself" approach. It's hard to feel motivated when you don't fully understand how your work fits into the big picture. A little communication could go a long way.

I'd like to see less reactionary decision making. Clients have us wrapped around their little finger. They know that we're willing to do anything they say, all they have to do is start threatening to leave. We're not a startup anymore, so let's stop acting like it.

You could be doing a lot more to facilitate a vibrant culture where company meetings are motivation tools used to inspire great employees ("Look at all the great things we're doing!") rather than corny lectures on the virtues of changing your password. Company meetings are so awful, it's actually painful to sit through.

Also, please grow up and start acting like adults. You guys are supposed to be professionals, but you keep doing things that are an embarrasment to the company. Bottom line, you're trying too hard. Stop it. Don't sing at the Christmas party. Kill the "Big Deals" program ASAP. Most employees think these things are absurd and embarrassing, like an awkward inside joke that's gotten out of control.

There are newer employer reviews for Property Solutions International