Prosper Inc.

www.prospering.com
  www.prospering.com
There are newer employer reviews for Prosper Inc.

Marketing Manager

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Provo, UT

I have been working at Prosper Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

One is Prospers core values is "Doing Right Things Right." On July 2nd, 2012 I was hospitalized after a almost fatal highway accident. Not only was my body injured, but also the brain. Prosper did "Things Right" by providing me continued employment, and peer support. It is safe to say that Ethan Willis, owner of Prosper, is focused on helping people Prosper.

Cons

Prosper is an environment focused on education and entrepreneurial mindset. Employees must carry a deep passion and be flexible to new marketing strategies. I've seen Prospers executive teams knack for bringing aboard team members who meet this criteria. They also will pay them competitive salaries. That said, they have passed up alot of folks.

Keep up with what you're going. "Ur Great!!!"

26 Other Employee Reviews for Prosper Inc. (View Most Recent)

Things are getting worse here at Prosper

Former Employee - Team Leader in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Provo, UT

I worked at Prosper Inc. full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I believe they ARE TRYING to keep out of bankruptcy. They have hired a much better President.

Cons

They are not doing nearly enough to get things turned around. Everyone is suffering. Pay has dropped by 30-40% in some instances. Moral is low. Pay is terrible. No base pay (Unless you consider minimum wage to be a base pay. Benefits are lousy. Leads are terrible (Only slightly better then calling from the phone book.) But, to be fair, we did get free fountain drinks. Wahoo! There's not enough room here to tell you just how bad it has become. Forget any positive comments here I've worked here 9 years and I'm glad I'm out. I stayed because I thought they would rescue the downfall. But we've gone from 150 sales people to 50. From 50 mill per year gross to 15 mill. No, they have to cut even more and that money comes from marketing and employee pay. Sorry. Anyone who goes to work here will suffer. Wait till they get back to 30 or 40 mill. Then maybe they will address the pay, bad benefits, low moral, etc.

FIRE THE MARKETING DEPT. do a search for EXCEPTIONAL marketers to bring up the quality of the leads. Make 1/2 of their income dependent on sales increases. Then make a deal with sales to hit "X" amount in 4 months and you will add 2 days vacation pay to all in sales, then another 2 days for hitting a higher benchmark, etc.

Great Atmosphere....Company cares about customers and employees

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Provo, UT

I have been working at Prosper Inc. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere. Management seems to really care about people and their students. Good money. Learning from leaders program is great.

Cons

There are some communication issues. They try to do to many things.

You need to redo your website www.prospering.com, Need to adopt some new sales/marketing technology

Prosper Inc. Response

Jan 28, 2013EVP Marketing

Thanks for the feedback.....we are currently looking to revamp our webpage www.prospering.com and will be coming out with a new design soon.

There are newer employer reviews for Prosper Inc.