There are newer employer reviews for Prosper.com

Significant changes for the better across the board

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Prosper.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Prosper is well-capitalized and growing rapidly, which makes for an exciting place to work. Teams are still small enough that individuals can create real change, and the management seems very focused. The general vision of disintermediating consumer lending is a cool vision to get behind, too.

Cons

Rapid growth in hiring has led to lots of new faces, but there aren't many opportunities to mingle across silos. Benefits are improving but still not as good as top-tier start-ups.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Reviews added recently to make company look more appealing to work for..

I worked at Prosper.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-New management team at the senior level is great, and rapidly growing
    -After last round of funding should be stable enough for a while capital wise

Cons

-Middle management is the downfall. Old employees who have been around too long, unqualified and unappreciative.
    -Put in 2 weeks notice for a new opportunity, and they pretty much told me to pack my bags that day. Very unprofessional. I was with the company for several years too.

Advice to Management

Take a look at the employees who've still stuck around. They were there when the company went almost bankrupt, are they really the talent you want to keep?

Fun, friendly atmosphere, huge opportunity to be part of a hot fintech company, it’s exciting!

Current Employee - Investments in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Investments in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Prosper.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-The people! Very smart, friendly, easy going, fun to work with.
    - The bosses! Exec’s are here because they want to be, not because they have to be. This makes all the difference in the world. They are passionate about Prosper, it inspires everyone. I talk with the CEO and president everyday, I learn so much from them.
    -Vacations! Take them when you want, you’re an adult, love it.
    -The opportunity of a lifetime. A new asset class, a growing company, a revolution! You are a part of history.
    -Flexibility. Work from home, leave early to attend a school play, whatever it may be. Get your work done, do what you need to do, when you need to do it. No pushback. They respect your life, you get to have one!

Cons

-Can be hard to get technical resources for your projects, there are so many going on.
    -Not going to win a trip to Las Vegas or anything like that. Not that I expect to, just saying.

Advice to Management

Build Prosper a strong mobile presence. Build the brand. Make Prosper the biggest and baddest P2P company out there!