Great place to work!

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Prosper.com full-time

Pros

Great people to work with - smart, motivated co-workers who take pride in their work and in the product. Pay is good, with some cool benefits. My time here for almost 1 year has been a breeze. I look forward to work every day and love the work environment. Being surrounded by smart people does help and helps you grow not only in the company but also as a professional.

Cons

Open work environment can get noisy/crowded at times.

Advice to Management

Great initiative by management in having an open door policy. Keep up the good work.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Excellent workplace

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Prosper.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company invests in its employees. If you work hard it is rewarded. The Executive Team are all very approachable, knowledgeable and incredibly helpful. Salary and benefits are amazing, perks such as a brand new espresso machine and new food items make it difficult to work from home! I'm really looking forward to the future with Prosper.

Cons

Communication between departments is getting better but has a long way to go. I think a company like this will always have communication issues since everything is so closely tied together, however I believe we are all working towards a better environment where communication is shared more frequently, ie the use of social media tools, ticket management systems, company townhall meetings, etc.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job. We're all excited to see where Prosper becoming a larger contender in the p2p lending space.

Exciting company and prospects - technology is a mess

I have been working at Prosper.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salaries and benefits aren't bad (competitive, 401(k) match, good health insurance). The company is in a very hot space at the moment, which gives you a nice bullet on your resume and assures that there will be plenty of good press and continued growth. Most people below management are a delight to work with, care, and are good at their jobs.

Cons

Technology management is woefully inadequate with backgrounds that do not fit - little to no understanding of the financial sector or building a software platform. Very poor leadership skills, no road map to shed their aging core non-scalable infrastructure. Nepotism has lead to the hiring of unqualified people who are friends, who mean well, but are not suited for the job at hand. Their lack of experience comes out as a show of overconfidence to hide extreme inadequacies. Work life balance doesn't exist, you will be expected to work nights and weekends often. Short cuts are taken too often. The amount of stock offered to new engineers is near meaningless - expect it to equate to a small bonus if and when they sell or go public in several years. You are likely better off at a bigger company with better perks and budgets for conferences and the like, or a much smaller company where the equity has more meaning and job growth opportunities exist. There is heavy unrest for those who have been in technology for more than 6 months, as an engineer I would avoid this company.

Advice to Management

You can probably limp along fine - you're in a hot area, Lending Club is doing it right, making you look good to the outside regardless of the internals of your operations. Replace your technology management.