Prosperity Bank

www.prosperitybanktx.com
There are newer employer reviews for Prosperity Bank

Corruption in upper management

I have been working at Prosperity Bank

Pros

The pay is decent and the raises aren't that good

Cons

There is a lot of gossip at my branch

please take better care of tellers

31 Other Employee Reviews for Prosperity Bank (View Most Recent)

Best company I've worked for

I have been working at Prosperity Bank

Pros

Lots of opportunity to move around

Cons

Not understanding with family at all

Does not want employees transferring...

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Abilene, TX
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Abilene, TX

I worked at Prosperity Bank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I actually liked most of the people I worked with. They were kind and hard working, in spite of constant cut-backs around the office.
    Benefits package was decent and affordable. There were two options and I had the cheaper one which only cost me about $20 per paycheck. They also offer 401K options that are easy to manage.

Cons

Hard to move around and very few job opportunities outside of the main cities (Houston, Lubbock, or Victoria). Also transferring is not as easy as it should be.
    In an environment where a teller can be fired for just about anything, it's crazy that some employees were unbearable to work with and never once got in trouble or disciplined. There was a lot of playing favorites, but that's to be expected in most office situations.
    The company buys out failing banks (which is fine with me) but then to make up for that money until their investments pay off, Prosperity is extremely stingy. Our banking center was actually not provided with facial tissues for a while and we were told we could use toilet paper. This is just unprofessional looking.

Offer the ability to transfer with a liveable wage. I moved from Abilene to the DFW area (which is an extra $150-200 rent/month) and was told I would be making the same wages. I was told it was because I was transferring, so I tried applying after I got there and was given the same offer. This doesn't even make sense. No one can live on that.

There are newer employer reviews for Prosperity Bank