Prosperity Bank

www.prosperitybanktx.com

Under-appreciated and underpaid

Former Employee - Teller
Former Employee - Teller

Pros

Lots of responsibility and can only help you in a future position within a bank(if that is what you want to do with the rest of your life)

Cons

I worked for Prosperity Bank for two years right out of college. I was very appreciative because they gave me a chance at being a teller even though I had not actually worked at a bank before. They started me at a decent starting pay considering I was new to this, but promised that with experience, I would get raises and be considered for different positions in the company. (Basically, the sky is the limit if you work hard for us.) Well, after about 6 months, I got my first raise. It was nothing too awesome, but enough to where it made a difference. I was getting better at the job, getting compliments all the time and working my tail off. I continued to work hard for this company and for the next year and a half, did not get another raise.
The problem with this company is that they look at the branch you are working at as a whole. If the branch you are with is successful, you can get these raises and they will give you the better equipment to work with, etc etc. However, in the 2nd year of working with Prosperity, I was working at a different branch that was not near as successful at the first branch I was with. I went from having amazing equipment, the opportunity for advancement, a better experience overall to a bank that was tiny, had poor management, had little respect from upper management and just was so much more work. I learned a lot working at the bank, but I was under-appreciated and underwhelmed with the way the company as a whole operated. If you do decide to work at Prosperity Bank, be sure and be employed at one of the nicer locations because that will tell you that they are more valued by upper management than
the other branches.

Value that talent you are given. I have seen so much turn-over while working at Prosperity Bank, it is not even funny.

Other reviews for Prosperity Bank

Great Company that care about employees

Former Employee - Bank Teller
    Former Employee - Bank Teller

Pros

Prosperity really values it's employees and is personally invested in the well-being of each individual. It's a very positive and encouraging environment to work in. The company provides plenty of perks including employee appreciation events that go above and beyond anything I have ever experienced. Eddie Creamer is genuinely a nice guy and really does care about employees and customers. Their contribution to the community is admirable at least and says a lot about the comapny.

Cons

It can be stressful at times due to high volume and understaffed. There is limited opportunity for growth and the pay is pretty minimal compared to the amount of responsibility you have.

Loans and deposits, deposits and loans very conservative

Pros

produce and all is fine

Cons

conservative on all fronts and slow

There are newer employer reviews for Prosperity Bank.

Worked for Prosperity Bank? Contribute to the Community!