There are newer employer reviews for Protect America

Micromanaged High Schoolers AKA General Care Dept

Current Employee - General Care  in  Austin, TX
Current Employee - General Care in Austin, TX

I have been working at Protect America full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have a hard time picking Pros for this company. Maybe they try and appear to have a great atmosphere and sound like a fun company to work for. Benefits after 90 days. Some good supervisors

Cons

I worked at Protect America for almost a month.. Training was very dragged out and was always getting side tracked to irrelevant topics. I thought it was a joke when they said no one gets a lunch. That's right they truly value their employees happiness so they create a fun environment but you won't even get 30 minutes for a lunch. They do expect you to eat your food and be back at your desk within 15 minutes. The rules are extremely strict especially when it comes to your personal items no cell phones, no food unless it comes for their vending machines (I do question the legality of that) you won't get two days off in a row if you are new and don't expect to get your schedule until the day before the start of the week. You will constantly be micromanaged by those who aren't even your direct supervisor even when doing everything correctly.

If upper management wants to stick by the rules they set then it should be all or nothing. Meaning the ecigs and vapor pens are okay but cell phones and snack food brought from home isn't? Don't threaten to take my personal belongings away. Treat your employees like humans and give them a lunch. Call center jobs are stressful I guarantee there would be a happy tone in most calls if employees were given time to destress halfway through their shift.

22 Other Employee Reviews for Protect America (View Most Recent)

Worst job I ever had

Former Employee - Sales  in  Round Rock, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Protect America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Made good money. Met some great people

Cons

Management sucked. Favoritism. Rude. Unethical. 20 min break for a 10 hour shift

Leave

Poor

Current Employee - Customer Care Agent  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Care Agent in Austin, TX

I have been working at Protect America full-time for less than a year

Pros

25% sales commission on security devices.

Cons

PURCHASE YOUR OWN EQUIPMENT - you must buy a headset to work here, which no one mentions until you are hired on. No lunch breaks; I didn't know that was even legal until I was working here. Mandatory overtime; commission is expected to be a large part of your income but as a CARE agent you're regularly dealing with customers who have faulty equipment which doesn't inspire them to want to buy more. The main way to make money is to aggressively push sales.

There are newer employer reviews for Protect America

Worked for Protect America? Contribute to the Community!