Protection One

www.protectionone.com

Mixed Bag. Management is improving in some areas but the big one: PAY-is lacking.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I  in  Wichita, KS
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Wichita, KS

Pros

Work is very easy, supervisors are easy going and don't harp on you much, good opportunities for advancement. Kind of a neutral comment because it can go either way depending on the person you are talking to but I like that I get to talk to a lot of different people from every part of the country every day.

Cons

Dealing with very rich people's alarm systems when you are on food stamps (with a college degree, no less) is annoying, not to mention ironic. Very limited time off-it accrues at literally half the rate of my last job, punishment for being sick, advancement requires 90 days of doing harder work before actually getting the pay raise

Flexibility and pay need improvement. Atmosphere is improving but the pay must improve to really start making the difference you are heading towards. If customer satisfaction is so important than paying the people providing that service should be important as well. An employee stressing about putting food on the table struggles to be genuine in caring about other peoples' relatively petty issues. A financially secure employee can focus on the job and give better service.

Other reviews for Protection One

Not Great

Former Employee - Commercial Sales Representative  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Commercial Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

- Good Training Program
    - Good Environment
    - Good Product Offering

Cons

- Low pay
    - Terrible Management
    - Unprofessional Staff

Pay your people more, market your products, build a sales environment that cultivates successful top-performing reps.

Started out great, went Downhill quickly. Not a good organization to work for.

Former Employee - Commercial Sales Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Commercial Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Was happy when I first started. Had good branch managers, fantastic commercial sales team and sales coordinator. We're very productive and had fun in the process.

Cons

Due to upper management, the branch capsized 6 months after starting. Managers were gone, employees were being let go that were there for years. Jobs sold could no longer be processed quickly. Yet upper management kept sending daily emails ; Give us more, more. It became impossible to work there anymore. They hired a new manager who would yell at his staff, and downgrade people behind their backs. Have never seen a place go from good to ugly in less than a year.

To upper management; Hey guys and girls, I understand that the numbers are important, but keep in mind that most of us are skilled professionals doing our best in a current tough economy Try a more hands on approach with your sales managers and sales people, instead of sending out 50 emails a day to their phones. Keep the emphasis on the positive, and create solutions to increase productivity.

There are newer employer reviews for Protection One.

Worked for Protection One? Contribute to the Community!