Proteus Digital Health

www.proteusdigitalhealth.com
  www.proteusdigitalhealth.com
There are newer employer reviews for Proteus Digital Health

Great technology with lots of potential; odd company culture

I worked at Proteus Digital Health as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Technology is very exciting and poised to break out into a huge market. I was excited to develop numerous small projects with them. Lots of resources, bright people, and enthusiastic workers.

Cons

Company lacks overall vision and is constantly changing from one big initiative to another without properly closing anything down. Has a very ADD feel with "new, exciting project!" being announced but no communication downwards that old project has fizzled. As a result, the only time projects really have good pressure on them is at the beginning stage.

Company culture is also very odd and clique-ish; I haven't seen the "beautiful, popular" crowd since I left high school. People in their own clique are not friendly to others, including smiling in the hallway, chatting at lunch, whatever. Very odd for such a small company with flat heirarchy. Proteus also has a tendency to hire a lot of contract / temp workers, even in engineering, which is confusing and demoralizing. No assurances of long-term security.

Also, due to exponential expansion recently, everyone is doubled or tripled up into cubes. No space at all.

Get a clear vision, with clearly defined dates and milestones, and start executing to it. Get some rigor in the development program. Dates are fuzzy, deadlines are suggestions, and projects are wishes right now. You have so much potential and it hasn't materialized yet.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Proteus Digital Health (View Most Recent)

Chaos all the time

Former Employee - Facilities  in  Hayward, CA
    Former Employee - Facilities in Hayward, CA

I worked at Proteus Digital Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits, Free snacks, soda and water. A recent remodel.

Cons

I worked in facilities which is a full-time job in itself. Management added HR responsibilities, not to mention an office move and remodel on top of that. I was doing the job of three different Departments. I lasted 8 months and buckled under the pressure. My Direct Manager was a bully. The Office was constantly in chaos mode.

HR is called Department of "People." In order to deserve a department title like that, you have to be more in tune with the "people."

They are at the forefront of innovation, and are an incredibly smart, committed team of people.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Proteus Digital Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Full of smart, conscientious people

Cons

Being at the forefront of technology, there's a lot of uncertainty which can be demoralizing at times.

There are newer employer reviews for Proteus Digital Health

Worked for Proteus Digital Health? Contribute to the Community!