Proteus Technologies

www.proteus-technologies.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Proteus Technologies

Smart people but at the end their bottom line is paramount.

Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Annapolis Junction, MD
Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Annapolis Junction, MD

I worked at Proteus Technologies full-time

Pros

Proteus hired some of the top talent in the industry. You could be pretty confident that others in the company are smart and bright. They offer a very handsome compensation and benefits package. The onsite gym and cafe is a plus as well.

Cons

At the end of the day their bottom line is paramount. If you are on the bench or cannot find a project in a short amount of time you can pretty much say bye bye. This is typical of most smallish consulting firms. They really don't have a bench policy so to say. Maybe they would have a bench policy had they not had three full time recruiters for such a small company in addition to the high overhead of the office space they currently occupy.

Also, transparency is totally non-existent. If someone is fired, terminated, or leaves there is not a word about it. This is particularly disappointing considering the fact that it is such a small company. I think its worse to hear that someone was let go or left through the grapevine than to have an announcement about it.

Lastly, since it is a small company you will not really get to work with your bright co-workers because most likely you'll be placed on a project where you are the only Proteus employee.

Advice to Management

Please be more transparent. Institute some type of bench policy. Get rid of sick leave and lump it into regular leave.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great company to work for

I worked at Proteus Technologies

Pros

Cutting edge technology and working in very important assignments vital to defense and the Nation.

Cons

Very few negatives, other than their contracts and rates are dependent on the Government and associated cutbacks.

A great company

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Jessup, MD
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Jessup, MD

I have been working at Proteus Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The managers are very honest, the company as a whole is interested in their employees' well-being, the company is stable financially, and open communication is encouraged and achieved through regular all-hands meetings and easy access to managers and directors. I like the small-company feel, even though they are a mid-size company; I feel like I can access everyone from peers to the CEO.

Cons

Nothing blatant comes to mind. They are not a massive company, so they do not have some of the benefits found at big companies (like elaborate parties or renting out a movie theater).

Advice to Management

I like our informal events, like game night and cookouts.

There are newer employer reviews for Proteus Technologies