Protiviti

www.protiviti.com
There are newer employer reviews for Protiviti

overall, a decent place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Protiviti

Pros

- great people.
- interesting work
-good work life balance

Cons

-pay
-compensation
-they are losing a lot of money.
-job security

do work

535 Other Employee Reviews for Protiviti (View Most Recent)

Good place to start your career

Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Protiviti

Pros

Great people; Good exposure to a variety of industries; Learn the basics quickly; New training program called the consultant challenge is top-notch compared to what other companies were offering during my internship; Friendly work environment; Management has an open door policy; Good travel experiences to both U.S. and International locations

Cons

Impacted by the economy so there is more downtime than I expected; If you're not fortunate enough to be on one of the premier engagements you don't progress to the next level as quickly; Need to be more competitve with their 401k matching; Would like to see the consultant bonus program start earlier in your career

Be more transparent with your long and short term growth strategies

Benefits far outweigh the downsides

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Protiviti

Pros

The company is great for career progression. New responsibilities are given for each new project you are on and feedback is provided on a regular basis. Upper management does a great job of communicating key issues and will answer questions honestly. The work/life balance is great, although it also depends on your project. Some projects have been known to work very long hours but, for the most part, the work week does not extend past 40-45 hours per week. This is all dependent on the managers on your project but most are reasonable. Compensation is fair - and I am not complaining - but competing companies generally do pay better. The work/life balance is great, especially for consulting work.

Cons

Protiviti is going through a rough patch right now due to the economy, along with most companies. I cannot blame Protiviti as its business model is dependent on the economic landscape as a whole - and that is what we agreed to when we signed up. I can only hope that cutbacks will be minimal and that the company will be able to ride out the storm largely unscathed.

Most of the work has been SOX related in the past, although there is now a sizable and noticeable increase the amount of solutions based work. The transition is a good one, but may be challenging with the economy.

My advice would be to control hiring. Hopefully cutbacks will be kept to a minimum, but it would not be fair to these people if a wave of new hires arrives shortly after. Other than that, keep communication strong and let us know what is going on.

There are newer employer reviews for Protiviti