Protiviti

There are newer employer reviews for Protiviti

Quick Turnaround

Former Employee - Technology Consultant in New York, NY
Former Employee - Technology Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Protiviti as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The part of the company I worked for was clearly geared towards a younger crowd and mentality. If you are looking for a job that pays very well with folks who are eager or at least amicable towards the idea of drinking at happy hour, on the weekends and generally anytime they have free time you will be a good fit. Lunches are a communal thing, with group decisions the norm. You have the chance to work on engagements at a variety (somewhat) of firms and work with a bunch of different people. The people are generally easy going, out going and talkative. The hours are generally not excessive and can be potentially forgone in terms of being in the office (work from home opportunities). The expenses (mileage/food) you can deduct tact on to your salary, provided you are tactful. Promotion is fairly quick, with fast-track opportunities if you 'know how to play the game'. Pretty smart folks, if on the younger scale who form the grunt workers with middling ages above.

Cons

The skills are inherently limited. Do not expect to transfer them beyond the world of Internal technology controls auditing. (Lots of Excel work though) From a project management and engagement perspective you will be able to spin them well if you are adept at this. The culture is essentially an extension of a college 'dorm', with drinking, 'crazy' stories (not really that crazy) and weekend escapades earning you badges of merit, and useful promotional indicators. Most jobs have circles and cliches; this one requires it. Assignments and engagements are based on who the managers want to work with- and hence your billable hours are based on literally who you know and who likes you. If you keep to yourself, are un-liked, generally different, etc, expect to be hard pressed to keep moving forward, or even sent on engagements. Though if you do show enthusiasm for the work, you will be valued regardless. The engagements can be short-term, and incredibly tedious, with conversational skills the determining factor as to the actual stars tagged to your lapel on the performance reviews.

None. For what the work entails and the generous salary, they are doing a fine job. For the type of work folks do here, and the pay that they provide, if you are of the 'frat- boy' or 'sorority-girl' mentality, you will fit in and like this company and the management; a lot.

460 Other Employee Reviews for Protiviti (View Most Recent)

Not as excited as I thought, but I still learned a lot from this working experience

I worked at Protiviti

Pros

develop interpersonal skills, be more detail-oriented

Cons

The daily is more about internal audit or internal control rather than management consulting.

Excellent company to begin your career with

Former Employee - Intern/Co-op in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern/Co-op in New York, NY

I worked at Protiviti full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great culture, people, projects, and clients; great opportunities to travel and work on an array of projects, even as an intern. Very satisfied with my experience. Was offered a job but turned down in order to further my education.

Cons

I struggle to find anything negative to say about my experience with Protiviti. The only slight downside would be that the arrangement for longer term client engagements could be a bit smoother (i.e. consistency of hotels) but that is a very minor detail.

N/A