Protiviti

Great people.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant II  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Senior Consultant II in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Protiviti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People, work-life balance, senior management cares about each individual, not just a number.

Cons

Small firm with limited brand in the marketplace, IA focus

Consider moving towards a true consulting business strategy rather than loan staffed IA engagements

434 Other Employee Reviews for Protiviti (View Most Recent)

Working at protiviti

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Protiviti part-time for more than a year

Pros

A very decent company to work for

Cons

I did not have a good relationship with my reporting manager

Improve on-boarding process

Great place to start my career because I learned what I DO and DON'T want out of a company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Protiviti full-time

Pros

Overall, I enjoyed the people I worked with and was able to interact with business leaders across the globe on a variety of projects.
    Audited many large and small companies and learned how businesses function as well as best business practices that can be applied to companies of all shapes and sizes.

Cons

Recruiting promises not kept (work-life balance, limited travel if needed)
    Too many necessary extra curricular activities (work is work, I will have fun on my own)
    Nature of "billable hours" (making up hours to participate in other activities creating extra long work weeks and drained consultants) - this is ubiquitous in any consulting firm
    Fraternity/Sorority type atmosphere (hazing attitude - perceived Manager's thought: "I had to travel for that project in the past so you have to travel now regardless of whether it is needed with today's technology")
    Work = life (attempt to BLEND your work and your life (not BALANCE), mentality: there is such a thing as an Audit / Consulting emergency, reality: there is not.)

Upper Management is easy to talk to but mixed signals are being voiced upwards and downwards through the middle management bottleneck - some things are lost in translation (at least at the office I worked for). Example: Manager tells John Doe some project is a good opportunity, John Doe reluctantly accepts opportunity, Manager voices upwards that John Doe is ecstatic for opportunity.

There needs to be more emphasis on helping people at the consultant level learn and integrating / creating the desired corporate culture versus treating new hires as if they are inferior (hazing type atmosphere).

*PLEASE NOTE: Protiviti was a great place to start my career - I learned an incredible wealth of knowledge from the work I performed and the people I was able to interact with along the way. Personally, I noticed a change in the corporate culture towards the end of my time there which was a large factor in my decision to leave. I can only hope the culture transitions back to it's original state and new talent continues to flourish at Protiviti.

There are newer employer reviews for Protiviti

Worked for Protiviti? Contribute to the Community!