There are newer employer reviews for Protiviti

Horrible - they only do SOX projects and Managers+ are very arrogant. Not sure why, no one has heard of the firm.

I have been working at Protiviti full-time

Pros

It is a job at least.

Cons

It is not a collaborative environment. Almost everything they 'advertise' is completely false.

Other Employee Reviews for Protiviti

They are not what they portray themselves to be

Current Employee - Senior Consultant II
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant II

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the Consultants and Senior Consultants are a lot of fun to work with. People are generally self-motivated and produce a quality work product. Most individuals will experience working on projects in at least two or three different industries, possibly more.

Cons

The company is very deceptive in their recruitment process. I was told that I should expect to work an average of 42 hours per week; this is well below management's actual expectation and my personal average over the 3+ years I worked here was 53 hours per week. I was also told that less than 50% of my workload would be on Sarbanes-Oxley and other compliance audits which turned out to be incorrect as well having worked 89% of my time on such projects. Although Protiviti claims to be a leader in many service offerings, the truth is they are still cutting their teeth on everything that is not financial audit. It logically follows that they offer employees little to no training on topics other than financial audit. Travel can be very frequent depending upon which division(s) and or team(s) you work with.

Advice to Management

Management should be honest with their recruits and present realistic expectations on hours, project diversity, and company expertise and training opportunities.

Worked here for almost 2 years.

Current Employee - Consultant II in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant II in New York, NY

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Protiviti are Great to work with. When it comes to work/life balance I found that Protiviti was very flexible with that.

Cons

There isn'tmuch to say except that depending on what project you are staffed on in the beginning, you may remain there for a very long time with little chance for change.

Advice to Management

Allow for more flexibility with different clients and jobs would greatly help morale of employees.