Protiviti

www.protiviti.com
  www.protiviti.com
There are newer employer reviews for Protiviti

Good company for a stable career

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Senior Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Protiviti full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They have great policies regarding Travel, Time off, Mentoring and Inceptive pay transparency. The Managers and MDs are mostly fair, open and will work with you. Work pressure is ok and manageable and work-life balance is good. They have a great reputation in certain niche segments where they dominate.

Cons

They have a ok reputation in the market and not very know beyond certain niche segments. So getting new and exciting projects particularly in IT Consulting space is tough. Pay is less compared to big 5 but then work-life balance has to be considered.

Consider buying a company which focuses on IT consulting.

452 Other Employee Reviews for Protiviti (View Most Recent)

Great Company & People, BEST training, Must like Auditing, Misleading Title

Current Employee - IAFA Technology Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - IAFA Technology Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Protiviti as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

In my short time here, I've absolutely met some of the best people, which goes to the extent of saying that it may over power of the cons below. No one tried to up-sell the full-time position and gave some of the best feedback. The culture is great--if you don't like sports, you'll eventually start to like them. Everything is team based so if you enjoy working in teams this is a great opportunity. You'll get to go to an extremely well-designed consultant curriculum in Florida that may be THE most rewarding internship you'll get to go to. (Full time employees also get to go on these trainings for one-two weeks which is great in terms of professional development). It is a rapidly growing firm so job security seems very likely, 20 days vacation time (which is basically a month because of weekends). I had a great time with the company, but the cons weigh pretty heavily too (atleast for me).

Cons

Job Title Misleading. Being brought on as a tech consultant, I would have expected to work on designing solutions for clients and possibly implementing them based on clients, but all I did was perform risk assessments and other internal audit activities. Although you're constantly changing clients (ranging form a week to weeks to months), and exposure is great, I'm still figuring out if this is something I want to do full-time. Salary for a consultant is a bit on the low end too.

Change the Job Title. Increase the Full-Time Compensation. You're doing a great job with the company, and you've built a great company. Keep it up!

Able To Make An Impact

Current Employee - U S Campus Recruiting Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - U S Campus Recruiting Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for two companies during my professional career, and have found myself extremely happy at Protiviti for the past seven years. When I graduated from school, I wanted a career that would support my professional and personal goals in life.

Professionally, I wanted to continue to progress, learn, be provided diverse opportunities, understand experiences that were provided to me, and be able to make an impact on the organization.

Personally, I wanted to work for a company who was committed to community service, work/life blend, and engaging their employees on multiple levels.

I believe Protiviti has assisted in helping me meet these various goals, along with many others. Each year I have had meetings with my career advisors for official development points and many unofficial mentoring relationships have grown with individuals who work in all aspects of our firms.

The accessibility of our leadership is something that I think sets our firm apart from all other organizations. I regularly am on calls with our Executive Vice President, have had multiple conversations with our CEO, and continue to get to know many geography, industry, and upcoming leaders in our firm. I appreciate that these individuals are not too busy to get to know me personally.

Cons

No organization in perfect and neither is Protiviti. I would say that our Leadership is not adverse to change, being that we have a long history as an organization, but that we have only been in existence since 2002, we are still developing the best approach to everything similar to a start-up. Protiviti addresses issues head-on, which I appreciate. If you have an idea, people at all levels are willing to listen, research and figure out if it fits within the desires and goals we are attempting to achieve as an organization.

Continue staying engaged with your employees and their needs.

There are newer employer reviews for Protiviti