There are newer employer reviews for ProtoTest

Software Tester

Former Employee - Software Tester in Boulder, CO
Former Employee - Software Tester in Boulder, CO

I worked at ProtoTest as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Very agile company that makes decisions on the spot with hardly any bureaucracy. Management was very professional and knowledgeable which helped us Techie types.

Cons

They like to hire contractors thus this is a company for someone that doesn't mind the insecurity of projects ending and having to make sure you have something lined up afterwards.

Communicate, Communicate, Communicate, it is really important that management is forth coming about when contracts are ending. Way ahead of time for those that have financial responsibilities.

ProtoTest Response

Aug 19, 2014CEO

Thanks for taking time to review your experience with ProtoTest. Since 2012, we have shifted our business model from contract staffing to lab. So now most of our software testers, both perm employees ... More

4 Other Employee Reviews for ProtoTest (View Most Recent)

Great company for motivated people

I have been working at ProtoTest full-time

Pros

This is a great company for people who like to aren't afraid to explore new solutions for today's technical challenges. The company gives employees an opportunity to do Research & Development and put those skills to use to help our clients achieve their quality goals. The culture here is great and emphasis is given to a too a good work-life balance.

Cons

It's a little bit of a commute for me but the ability to work from home and a paid-for RTD EcoPass more than makes up for the longer travel times.

Passionate Leadership and Empathetic Business Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at ProtoTest full-time

Pros

The CEO really cares about the company and It's employees, and makes an effort to create a business culture that fosters growth, team work, work-life balance, and social transparency. The office has a very upbeat laid back feeling and employees are encouraged to be open and provide their opinions on day to day operations. The company offers free train passes for commuting and time off policies that allows for a balanced personal life.

Cons

The company has been around for 18+ years but due to a recent shift in business strategy the company sometimes suffers from the growing pains of a start-up business. Anyone who does not like commuting via train or bus and lives out side of the city may find the commute undesirable.

There are newer employer reviews for ProtoTest