Provide Commerce
www.providecommerce.com San Diego, CA 500 to 999 Employees

New CEO is destroying the culture which once flourished

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA

I worked at Provide Commerce full-time

ProsAt one time, I considered this to be the best organization I've ever worked for. The employees are incredibly smart (by far the smartest people I had ever worked with). It is a very analytical organization which means that decisions are made from data not just gut reactions. People are neither celebrated nor reprimanded if tests win or lose, allowing people to really try new things and be innovative. The company has an incredible customer service department that goes above and beyond to help customers. Overall, employees feel proud of the products that the company makes and the service they provide. No one has to drink the kool-aid on the things that make the company great.

ConsMy criticism comes in the changes to the culture. About a year and a half ago, the prior CEO and several other members of the senior management team left. When the company hired a new CEO, he had none of the same beliefs about culture so what used to feel like a family, suddenly felt like a "job". Only the senior team was involved in making decisions and everyone began being treated as either disposable or "stay or go, we don't care either way". The company disregarded all of its "loyalty" to very talented employees (I personally knew of 5 people that got let go for no reason other than having had strong bond with the prior senior team). Since leaving I've been contacted by several co-workers trying to find new jobs as the culture has been tainted and everyone feels it. More than anything, what used to be a culture of collaboration now seems to encourage back-stabbing and making others look bad to make yourself look better.

Advice to Senior ManagementHopefully they can find a shred of what used to make this company great. If the company worked nearly as hard at treating people well as it does in its hiring decisions, they would be in a far better place. The need to train managers on how to mentor people. Finally the CEO needs to stop being so arrogant treating people like they don't matter. He needs to learn the names of his employees and stop acting like the only people he needs to interact with is his direct reports.

In Retrospect

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at Provide Commerce part-time for more than a year

Pros: Values; work ethics; experience; training; flexible schedules; Cons: Inadequate hours; rules of contradictions; Advice to Senior Management: Save the company money by making your website work better with a clear cut information on expectations. One has to assist customers to understand how… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Wow, bait and switch, watch yourself especially after Mothers Day - the annual purge is coming

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
La Jolla, CA

I worked at Provide Commerce full-time for more than a year

Pros: You get a discount on flowers! Cons: Manager are held to fire while directors get away with whatever they like. If hard… Advice to Senior Management: Look at the director level, you are not getting the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Provide Commerce.

Worked for Provide Commerce? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Provide Commerce reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Provide Commerce CEO Chris L Shimojima. All reviews posted anonymously by Provide Commerce employees.