Provide Commerce

www.providecommerce.com
  www.providecommerce.com
There are newer employer reviews for Provide Commerce

Lots of corny activities for team building

Former Employee - Copywriter in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Copywriter in San Diego, CA

I worked at Provide Commerce as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

A very young environment which can be good or bad.

Cons

Staff is overworked. I never felt engaged.

60 Other Employee Reviews for Provide Commerce (View Most Recent)

New CEO is destroying the culture which once flourished

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Provide Commerce full-time

Pros

At one time, I considered this to be the best organization I've ever worked for. The employees are incredibly smart (by far the smartest people I had ever worked with). It is a very analytical organization which means that decisions are made from data not just gut reactions. People are neither celebrated nor reprimanded if tests win or lose, allowing people to really try new things and be innovative. The company has an incredible customer service department that goes above and beyond to help customers. Overall, employees feel proud of the products that the company makes and the service they provide. No one has to drink the kool-aid on the things that make the company great.

Cons

My criticism comes in the changes to the culture. About a year and a half ago, the prior CEO and several other members of the senior management team left. When the company hired a new CEO, he had none of the same beliefs about culture so what used to feel like a family, suddenly felt like a "job". Only the senior team was involved in making decisions and everyone began being treated as either disposable or "stay or go, we don't care either way". The company disregarded all of its "loyalty" to very talented employees (I personally knew of 5 people that got let go for no reason other than having had strong bond with the prior senior team). Since leaving I've been contacted by several co-workers trying to find new jobs as the culture has been tainted and everyone feels it. More than anything, what used to be a culture of collaboration now seems to encourage back-stabbing and making others look bad to make yourself look better.

Hopefully they can find a shred of what used to make this company great. If the company worked nearly as hard at treating people well as it does in its hiring decisions, they would be in a far better place. The need to train managers on how to mentor people. Finally the CEO needs to stop being so arrogant treating people like they don't matter. He needs to learn the names of his employees and stop acting like the only people he needs to interact with is his direct reports.

In Retrospect

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Provide Commerce part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Values; work ethics; experience; training; flexible schedules;

Cons

Inadequate hours; rules of contradictions;

Save the company money by making your website work better with a clear cut information on expectations. One has to assist customers to understand how our system and order process works when they are on their own making orders. You cannot let your agents be battered by calls on questions, disputes and hostilities when agents could place orders and cutting on the chase.

Note. You choose core employees by thin parameters. Turnovers are quick as you notice. Pay them well. They contribute a lot to the coffers.

BTW. fedex ups is important in delivering products but they contribute a lot to the bad image of the company. Take note of that. You can't pay them part shipping less than $5 and expect good service. Has anyone in management ever made logistical explortions on how much you lose customers by tons due to bad delivery and not from agent inefficiency?

There are newer employer reviews for Provide Commerce