Providence Health Systems
www2.providence.org Renton, WA

Great people and provider organizations, but Epic HIT project teams are mired in confusion and fear

Epic Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Providence Health Systems

ProsGreat people up and down the ladder
Fairly good benefits
Flexible work schedule

ConsLike most very large organizations heavy on bureacratic structures

Constant fear of layoffs

Constant reorganization of management

At least with the Epic project, no clear direction given to professional staff
If you have never worked for an Epic project make sure you are explained the NCA that Providence (and all healthcare systems) forced to sign by Epic. The employee is not made aware of the contract, nor asked to sign any agreement, but can be held to Epic's NCA with other client provider groups and consulting firms, basically blocking you from career opportunites or moving from a "bad fit". This can effectively end your HIT career. Beware and make an informed decision before accepting a position with the Epic project.

Advice to Senior ManagementBefore hiring new employees to Epic project explain the realities of the NCA so employees can make informed decision to accept employment. We are healthcare IT professionals and deserve the same ethical and professional courtesy afforded other healthcare professionals.

People come to Providence and they stay for their entire professional career; that means something to me.

I have been working at Providence Health Systems

Pros: I feel Respected as a professional. Courtesy. Flexible schedules. Bright Future. Cons: It is a large corporation - sometimes you can feel… Advice to Senior Management: Remember that your business runs 24/7. Programs and rewards are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Spiritually grounding and satisfyiing

I have been working at Providence Health Systems

Pros: The ability and the sytems focus to help those in… Cons: sometimes being in such a large organization it's hard to understand the… Advice to Senior Management: Try to remember that every action/decision big or little impacts… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Providence Health Systems.

Worked for Providence Health Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Providence Health Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Providence Health Systems CEO Rod Hochman. All reviews posted anonymously by Providence Health Systems employees.