Providence Health & Services

www.providenceiscalling.jobs
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Providence Health & Services

Great people and provider organizations, but Epic HIT project teams are mired in confusion and fear

Current Employee - Epic Analyst
Current Employee - Epic Analyst

I have been working at Providence Health & Services

Pros

Great people up and down the ladder
Fairly good benefits
Flexible work schedule

Cons

Like most very large organizations heavy on bureacratic structures

Constant fear of layoffs

Constant reorganization of management

At least with the Epic project, no clear direction given to professional staff
If you have never worked for an Epic project make sure you are explained the NCA that Providence (and all healthcare systems) forced to sign by Epic. The employee is not made aware of the contract, nor asked to sign any agreement, but can be held to Epic's NCA with other client provider groups and consulting firms, basically blocking you from career opportunites or moving from a "bad fit". This can effectively end your HIT career. Beware and make an informed decision before accepting a position with the Epic project.

Before hiring new employees to Epic project explain the realities of the NCA so employees can make informed decision to accept employment. We are healthcare IT professionals and deserve the same ethical and professional courtesy afforded other healthcare professionals.

314 Other Employee Reviews for Providence Health & Services (View Most Recent)

Outstanding place to work and make a difference

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at Providence Health & Services

Pros

Non-profit helping people make life better. Providence is what is right about health care in the United States. You can make more other places, but I feel good about what I do every day.

Cons

Slow to move at times. IE XP is the standard on PCs, IE6 is still around, but this is not the focus of Providence.

I have been given many opportunities for professional development

I have been working at Providence Health & Services

Pros

Competent leadership - they are always very proactive in communicating changes to everyone. The company culture is outstanding and unlike any other organization I've ever worked for.

Cons

Because there are many long time employees who work at this company, salary is often based on longevity and not performance/merit.

Take a close look at your salary offerings to try and retain the best and brightest. However, the culture of respect and the work that we're asked to do is extremely engaging

There are newer employer reviews for Providence Health & Services