Providence Health & Services
www.providence.org Renton, WA 5000+ Employees

Much need for improvement

I have been working at Providence Health & Services

ProsOur core mission and so many big hearted co-workers.

ConsPoor middle/lower management (allowed to stay in position way too long), upper management and HR support lower management without regard for employees, pay based on longevity and not merit resulting in very low pay raises. Relatively no chance for advancement, promotions given to "yes" people in place of the much more qualified, resulting in the poor management cycle. Behind on the tech side of business. Benefits not what they used to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on the quality of your management. Come up to speed in the IT Dept and reward your faithful hard workers. More system wide transparent/open communication.

Outstanding place to work and make a difference

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Providence Health & Services

Pros: Non-profit helping people make life better. Providence is what is right about health care in the United… Cons: Slow to move at times. IE XP is the standard on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I have been given many opportunities for professional development

I have been working at Providence Health & Services

Pros: Competent leadership - they are always very proactive in communicating changes to everyone. … Cons: Because there are many long time employees who work at… Advice to Senior Management: Take a close look at your salary offerings to try and retain the best and brightest. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Providence Health & Services.

Worked for Providence Health & Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Providence Health & Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Providence Health & Services CEO Rodney F. Hochman. All reviews posted anonymously by Providence Health & Services employees.