There are newer employer reviews for Providence Health & Services

Not the best....not the worst

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Missoula, MT
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Missoula, MT

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great employees who are really trying to make a difference. Newer management is bringing in fresh ideas! Great focus on mission and vision. Lots of progress in the last 4 years.

Cons

Worked in Missoula, MT. Older institution so hard to implement change. Executive level management is like a good ol' boys club and lack the guts to communicate or even make tough decisions. They get rid of people who buck the norm rather than listening to new perspectives.

Would be nice to see more female leadership in a company founded by women.

268 Other Employee Reviews for Providence Health & Services (View Most Recent)

Very Poor Human Resources Leadership Team for Supporting Departmental Managers

Former Employee - Manager in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Manager in Everett, WA

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time

Pros

Excellent Senior Leadership Especially.... "Providence Medical Group" My Old Boss was an amazing leader who taught me much & was instrumental in getting me my new position.

Cons

The Human Resources Senior Management Team at Providence Regional Medical Center Everett & Providence Medical Group Mill Creek is a non supportive entity for middle management leaders at Providence. The Human Resources culture is a very "Vengeful Department" that does not support or represent the Mission Statement. In short the Human Resources Senior Level Management at PRMCE & PMG are ineffectual at changing any of the staff culture issues of organizational abuse of resources.

Support your "Mid-Level Leaders" when they are presented departments with a history of organizational abuse to the facility. If the Managers cannot rely on Human Resources then the whole equation of "changing staff culture" is useless. My parting advice would be to give your Leaders the tools they need to do the job & sometimes that means hurting some feelings. The Human Resources Senior Management Teams at Providence Regional Medical Center Everett & Providence Medical Group in Mill Creek are essentially useless to your managers.

Mission Focused

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Renton, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They live their mission. They care about their employees. They promote employee advancement.

Cons

Pay is a little low and not consistent across job descriptions.

Standard pay levels would be appreciated.

There are newer employer reviews for Providence Health & Services