Providence Health & Services

Almost 9 years, time to go

Manager (Former Employee)
Renton, WA

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time for more than 8 years

ProsOpportunities, benefits, culture.... In all, I liked working here. I gained amazing experience, and met some of the most amazing people.

ConsAs providence grows, their culture is changing. Although they still tout the mission and core values, It doesn't feel like they believe in them within their employee base like they did when I started. When I started, there was a focus on work-life balance, and on treating all employees with as much love, care, and compassion as we do to the patients. However, as Providence has grown and moved further and further from the founding Sisters, they are losing that compassion for their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know that an organization of 64,000 (Including Swedish) can't be perfect for everyone, but if you could go back to valuing your employees, it would bring back the culture of caring.

Started out good but as time has gone on decisions but upper management have made things not all that great.

I have been working at Providence Health & Services

Pros: It used to be a good place to work but… Cons: Incredibly understaffed, company has really gone downhill in the last few years. Pay is no longer competitive for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

10 year employee - time to move on

Executive (Current Employee)
Torrance, CA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: I get a paycheck every two weeks Cons: Senior management LIES!!! That's all they do. We never have clear direction, nobody knows anything. ALL the good competent and reliable people… Advice to Senior Management: Stop talking about the mission and live it. You are all full of it. THe culture used to be your viewpoint was valued… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Providence Health & Services.

Worked for Providence Health & Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Providence Health & Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Providence Health & Services CEO Rodney F. Hochman. All reviews posted anonymously by Providence Health & Services employees.