Providence Health & Services

www.providenceiscalling.jobs

Pay and benefits going down - so overall salary is lower now than 10 years ago

ProsWe still have benefits, though they cost us more. I work in administrative offices but have been in the hospitals having surgery several times and felt very cared for. I would say the Mission is a pro but in administration and health plan offices particularly it's impossible to live out the mission or even see it at work, when they do not take care of the employees as the Mission dictates they should.

ConsRaises are based solely on performance yet capped at 2% - how does THAT work? People are so very overwhelmed with work it affects their health. Many try so hard they work themselves into high blood pressure, anxiety issues, digestion issues, even strokes. Yet the salaries have been capped at 2% for years so no matter how hard you work, you get poorer and poorer taking into account the price of benefits and every day inflation. It doesn't do one any good to work here for long - it will either kill you or put you in old-age poverty. Oh yeah, let's talk about the crappy 401K match and GONE pension plan.

Advice to Senior ManagementMoral is just awful all over - but especially within the health plans. Turnover is at an all-time high for a reason. Could you give a little less to charity for a year or two and take care of your own employees? We should not even have to have programs to help employees who make less than a living wage, but we do. Charity is a great thing but I think the saying is it starts at home.

Going down the tubes. Bottom line most important

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Portland, OR

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Many locations offering diverse specialty positions. Good BSN bridge program… Cons: If not union, they can and will take away vacation… Advice to Senior Management: No nurses, no patient care, no organization. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Does not support employees poor benefits

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Flexible hours and varied job options Cons: Poor benefits and lack of competitive wages. Management not consistent Advice to Senior Management: Competitive pay and benefits, management that follows through and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Providence Health & Services.

Worked for Providence Health & Services? Contribute to the Community!