There are newer employer reviews for Providence Health & Services

Current Employee

I have been working at Providence Health & Services

Pros

Healthcare is a viable career now and in the future - suggest getting certificates/degrees in hand and keep current to maintain viable options.

Cons

Providence DOES NOT care about its employees - certainly does not live by its Mission Statement when it comes to employees!!

Start taking care of your employees and stop treating them with little to no regard. Balancing the budget on the backs of the employees isn't a good business model and threatening employees with a regular string of threats by the director is counterproductive to say the least.

reviews filtered by

Pay and benefits going down - so overall salary is lower now than 10 years ago

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

We still have benefits, though they cost us more. I work in administrative offices but have been in the hospitals having surgery several times and felt very cared for. I would say the Mission is a pro but in administration and health plan offices particularly it's impossible to live out the mission or even see it at work, when they do not take care of the employees as the Mission dictates they should.

Cons

Raises are based solely on performance yet capped at 2% - how does THAT work? People are so very overwhelmed with work it affects their health. Many try so hard they work themselves into high blood pressure, anxiety issues, digestion issues, even strokes. Yet the salaries have been capped at 2% for years so no matter how hard you work, you get poorer and poorer taking into account the price of benefits and every day inflation. It doesn't do one any good to work here for long - it will either kill you or put you in old-age poverty. Oh yeah, let's talk about the crappy 401K match and GONE pension plan.

Moral is just awful all over - but especially within the health plans. Turnover is at an all-time high for a reason. Could you give a little less to charity for a year or two and take care of your own employees? We should not even have to have programs to help employees who make less than a living wage, but we do. Charity is a great thing but I think the saying is it starts at home.

The Organization has lost its focus on its Mission and Core Values

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time

Pros

People Centered, Progressive Thinking, Financial Strength

Cons

Lack of Transparency, Lack of Vision and No Communication

Be Transparent and Refocus on the Mission