Providence Health & Services

There are newer employer reviews for Providence Health & Services

It has many opertunities

Former Employee - Medical Records in Spokane, WA
Former Employee - Medical Records in Spokane, WA

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They have many opertunities. In serveral fields. There are some fields that they say they train in when fresh out of school. And Some you don't have to go to school to get trained in them. This all helps with the job opertunities.

Cons

Not the friendliest place to work if you don't fit into their clicks. It dosen't matter if you do your job well or not. It all depends on if you fit into their clicks on your job opertunities. The training that you recieve when freash out of school is very minimual if any. The programs I used in school were not any of the programs used by this company, so I kind of learned by my mistakes as I went. My training with them was they just turned on the computer and got me into the program that I was to use and said there you go. When I asked questions the person training me would get mad at me and start yelling at me. Therefore, it made me not want to ask her questions. I reported to my suporvisor and when they talked to her things go spread throught the office and things just got worse for me. I refused to let them push me out and was determined to learn as much as they would allow me to which wasn't much. I went home every night in tears. I did not find my experence with them to be a good one and would not recommend anyone I know to work for them.

I will not give advice for I don't feel it would do any good.

287 Other Employee Reviews for Providence Health & Services (View Most Recent)

Has become a revolving door for employees, nobody seems to be satisfied

Current Employee - Anesthesia Technician in Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - Anesthesia Technician in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is alright, 1% raises the last two years though. Vacation is 5 weeks/yr to start. Competitive tuition reimbursment program. (2000/yr i believe).

Cons

Focus is not on the patient, only the bottom line, it shows in all aspects of the hospital. A near monopoly on Anchorage healthcare is partially to blame for lacadaisical leadership.

Return focus to the patient, explore ways to keep core staff content. The latter has truly been neglected.

Meh - Very Average Overall; Just Another Stepping Stone for Me

Current Employee - Clinical Database Analyst in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Clinical Database Analyst in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are super, great to work with. The company has "core values" which I believe were embraced by staff at all levels and not just used as filler material in employee handouts. The cafeteria food was pretty good imo though I am more forgiving than most. There were fun things like swag at training sessions, get-togethers after meetings, etc. Staff was always on board for initiatives and very team oriented and supportive so you could do your job. Training was good as far as I was concerned.

Cons

Communication was at times nonexistent. To say that is was "pee poor" would even be an erroneous statement and being a very detailed person I don't want to be off base here. Salary was sub standard also though to be fair the other benefits such as insurance and retirement contributions were above average. To give you an idea I walked out the door and gave myself over a 30% increase in income and that's not counting another job that I didn't get but interviewed for that was even more. You may also have to move up north to work with the technology you desire. There was a lot of personnel change that impacted others much more than me. There is favoritism and bias that can work against you if you are on the wrong side of it.

Overall I would say this company is "OK". I placed 2 stars overall which equates to "Dissatisfied" which isn't quite accurate but I think it between 2-3 stars. This is a "decent" place where you can stay for awhile as a stepping stone, use it for what's it's worth. The way I see it is I work for myself and I only care about my perspective. After all it's all about MEEEEE! My advice to management is provide better communication to employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Providence Health & Services