There are newer employer reviews for Providence Health & Services

It has many opertunities

Former Employee - Medical Records in Spokane, WA
Former Employee - Medical Records in Spokane, WA

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They have many opertunities. In serveral fields. There are some fields that they say they train in when fresh out of school. And Some you don't have to go to school to get trained in them. This all helps with the job opertunities.

Cons

Not the friendliest place to work if you don't fit into their clicks. It dosen't matter if you do your job well or not. It all depends on if you fit into their clicks on your job opertunities. The training that you recieve when freash out of school is very minimual if any. The programs I used in school were not any of the programs used by this company, so I kind of learned by my mistakes as I went. My training with them was they just turned on the computer and got me into the program that I was to use and said there you go. When I asked questions the person training me would get mad at me and start yelling at me. Therefore, it made me not want to ask her questions. I reported to my suporvisor and when they talked to her things go spread throught the office and things just got worse for me. I refused to let them push me out and was determined to learn as much as they would allow me to which wasn't much. I went home every night in tears. I did not find my experence with them to be a good one and would not recommend anyone I know to work for them.

I will not give advice for I don't feel it would do any good.

reviews filtered by

Good

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people you work with are amazing for the most part. The supervisors, while overworked, do seem to actually care about their staff.

Cons

The money is not that great. And the benefits have been cut, but my biggest gripe is the way staff is virtually afloat without access to our management teams.

More face time with your employees and less with each other

Nice place to work and great people to work with

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Everett, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

We are helping people heal

Cons

Like any big company, I feel like I am run over a lot

Little more