Providence Health & Services

www.providenceiscalling.jobs
There are newer employer reviews for Providence Health & Services

Lots of middle management and sniping coworkers.

Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Everett, WA
Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Everett, WA

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A way to be of service to the local community

Cons

Very low pay for experience base, gossipy environment, lack of focus on patient care, sexism.

There are many good examples of high functioning healthcare systems locally. Model yourselves after Group Health or the UWMC.

297 Other Employee Reviews for Providence Health & Services (View Most Recent)

Meh - Very Average Overall; Just Another Stepping Stone for Me

Current Employee - Clinical Database Analyst in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Clinical Database Analyst in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are super, great to work with. The company has "core values" which I believe were embraced by staff at all levels and not just used as filler material in employee handouts. The cafeteria food was pretty good imo though I am more forgiving than most. There were fun things like swag at training sessions, get-togethers after meetings, etc. Staff was always on board for initiatives and very team oriented and supportive so you could do your job. Training was good as far as I was concerned.

Cons

Communication was at times nonexistent. To say that is was "pee poor" would even be an erroneous statement and being a very detailed person I don't want to be off base here. Salary was sub standard also though to be fair the other benefits such as insurance and retirement contributions were above average. To give you an idea I walked out the door and gave myself over a 30% increase in income and that's not counting another job that I didn't get but interviewed for that was even more. You may also have to move up north to work with the technology you desire. There was a lot of personnel change that impacted others much more than me. There is favoritism and bias that can work against you if you are on the wrong side of it.

Overall I would say this company is "OK". I placed 2 stars overall which equates to "Dissatisfied" which isn't quite accurate but I think it between 2-3 stars. This is a "decent" place where you can stay for awhile as a stepping stone, use it for what's it's worth. The way I see it is I work for myself and I only care about my perspective. After all it's all about MEEEEE! My advice to management is provide better communication to employees.

Pay and benefits going down - so overall salary is lower now than 10 years ago

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

We still have benefits, though they cost us more. I work in administrative offices but have been in the hospitals having surgery several times and felt very cared for. I would say the Mission is a pro but in administration and health plan offices particularly it's impossible to live out the mission or even see it at work, when they do not take care of the employees as the Mission dictates they should.

Cons

Raises are based solely on performance yet capped at 2% - how does THAT work? People are so very overwhelmed with work it affects their health. Many try so hard they work themselves into high blood pressure, anxiety issues, digestion issues, even strokes. Yet the salaries have been capped at 2% for years so no matter how hard you work, you get poorer and poorer taking into account the price of benefits and every day inflation. It doesn't do one any good to work here for long - it will either kill you or put you in old-age poverty. Oh yeah, let's talk about the crappy 401K match and GONE pension plan.

Moral is just awful all over - but especially within the health plans. Turnover is at an all-time high for a reason. Could you give a little less to charity for a year or two and take care of your own employees? We should not even have to have programs to help employees who make less than a living wage, but we do. Charity is a great thing but I think the saying is it starts at home.

There are newer employer reviews for Providence Health & Services