There are newer employer reviews for Providence Health & Services

Lots of middle management and sniping coworkers.

Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Everett, WA
Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Everett, WA

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A way to be of service to the local community

Cons

Very low pay for experience base, gossipy environment, lack of focus on patient care, sexism.

Advice to Management

There are many good examples of high functioning healthcare systems locally. Model yourselves after Group Health or the UWMC.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Meh - Very Average Overall; Just Another Stepping Stone for Me

Current Employee - Clinical Database Analyst in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Clinical Database Analyst in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are super, great to work with. The company has "core values" which I believe were embraced by staff at all levels and not just used as filler material in employee handouts. The cafeteria food was pretty good imo though I am more forgiving than most. There were fun things like swag at training sessions, get-togethers after meetings, etc. Staff was always on board for initiatives and very team oriented and supportive so you could do your job. Training was good as far as I was concerned.

Cons

Communication was at times nonexistent. To say that is was "pee poor" would even be an erroneous statement and being a very detailed person I don't want to be off base here. Salary was sub standard also though to be fair the other benefits such as insurance and retirement contributions were above average. To give you an idea I walked out the door and gave myself over a 30% increase in income and that's not counting another job that I didn't get but interviewed for that was even more. You may also have to move up north to work with the technology you desire. There was a lot of personnel change that impacted others much more than me. There is favoritism and bias that can work against you if you are on the wrong side of it.

Advice to Management

Overall I would say this company is "OK". I placed 2 stars overall which equates to "Dissatisfied" which isn't quite accurate but I think it between 2-3 stars. This is a "decent" place where you can stay for awhile as a stepping stone, use it for what's it's worth. The way I see it is I work for myself and I only care about my perspective. After all it's all about MEEEEE! My advice to management is provide better communication to employees.

The Organization has lost its focus on its Mission and Core Values

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time

Pros

People Centered, Progressive Thinking, Financial Strength

Cons

Lack of Transparency, Lack of Vision and No Communication

Advice to Management

Be Transparent and Refocus on the Mission